Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2002, 02:42 PM   #1
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

I have been coming along with the expansion fairly well only one more quest to go. The bosses in these quest are for the most part quite challenging and the quest can be somewhat annoying.
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
The first boss is a banshee who uses all kinds of annoying spells as well she disappears so you can lose her and be forced to reload. I ended up getting her cornered and she could no longer move, God she was annoying. The worst part of the entire quest was before she appeared you had to trot around a whole map to kill three spirits and them trot around looking for her before the sun rose.

The second boss was called The Evil One, very evil indeed as he also uses a bunch of annoying spells like fear, horror, summons 20 or so skeletons, ghast, or 3 or 4 skeleton warriors. The most annoying thing is you have to fight him like three times with no possibility of saving. The first time is in the first meeting he using a bunch of spells, and summons some creatures then disappears to litter the area with skull traps so you can't save. So you go look for him and fight him again this time he summons a dozen ghast, when you beat him this time a spirit you accepted the quest from walks up and says you can't beat him that way and tells you what you must do. Ugh! So you go to fight this evil one again and he kills your main chachter so you have to do it over. I got so annoyed thet I got rid of all the skull traps but having my characters walk into them just so I could save the game, oh a wand of summons would have been better. Ah! that was much better thank goodness for the staff that produces unlimited healing potions. So after getting rid of the evil one the next boss.

The Third boss is a forest dragon actually looks more like a Greater Wyvern but oh well. This guy sends out dozens of spells at once roasting characters, but that isn't the most annoying thing. When you are about to beat him the game crashes, Ugh! Reload try again! Sorry Kiven you must stay dead until I can get to a temple, one dead party member isn't to bad and I am definately not reloading.

The fourth boss actually this guy wasn't to bad and a decent quest. Except for the drain level things but that is what the dude and is dog is for since he leaves the party afterwords.

The fifth boss well have not quite gotten that far yet although I just ripped though like 50 dungar so he should be close, hopefully he is not as annoying as the first three.

[ 10-15-2002, 02:45 PM: Message edited by: pritchke ]
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2002, 02:12 PM   #2
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Finally finished the DSotSC the final two bosses were not annoying but two really good battles, there was a demon like in TotSC and in another area a drow mage who apperas after you defeat a legion of nasty Drow warriors and mages. Any way I found out who really created the posion that destroyed the ore he is parhaps the second most famous drow next to Drizzit although he doesn't make an appearance.

Now I can play BG II.
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote