Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2001, 04:02 PM   #1
Last OTTOMAN
Elite Waterdeep Guard

-which alignment do u offer for clerics?good ones lose some offensive spells and evils lose some healing spells ý think.what about neutrals...can a true neutral cleric solve this problem...can he cast both of them??

2-dualing a fighter to cleric or druid cause weapon restriction.how about opposite...when ý dual a priest to fighter can ý gain ability to use all weapons and GrandM?

3-does race affect on using weapon?ý know that elf is a good bow user and dwarf is good at axe....is it like that in the game too(any advantage?).or only in stories!

4-druid or a fighter/druid (multi) which is better
for this party:
-paladin (human)
-fighter (dwarf)
-bard (human)
-cleric/mage(half-elf)...(which alignment??)
-fighter/thief(halfling)

ý think my druid should be elf for a good race mix ...dualing a fighter to druid is not for me i need an elf (but it depends on second question)if ý can have a druid who uses all weapons ý will kick that elf

thanx for answers

------------------
Galatasaray:1 Lazio:0
[IMG]
http://www.angelfire.com/ab6/hce/jenhce.jpg[/IMG]
Last OTTOMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2001, 07:08 PM   #2
JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

1. I think true neutral clerics get the same spells as good clerics. But i would choose a good cleric. Sure, that cleric will miss out on offensive spells, but you can have those with a mage. This is certainly the case with a cleric/mage. Evil clerics, iirc, can't use spells such as raise dead. Who might come in handy in certain curcomstances.
2. If you dual from a fighter to a cleric. This will cause weapon restrictions. A cleric can't use edged weapons like swords. That is untill you gain your fighter abilities back. If you dual from a priest to a fighter you will be able to use all weapons and become a grandmaster in them. Allthough i wouldn't recommand this method. Maybe only if you start with two clerics but the cleric is allready the second best class in fighting skills.
3. Not to sure. But it might be.
4. I always go with a fighter/druid. Always. If not only for the fact that they can use every armor in the game. A single class druid can only go as far as studded leather when it comes to armor. Besides you'll get a char. who can duke it out pretty well and has the spells to back him/her up.
An elf can't be a druid. This class can only be taken by humans and hal-elfs. But again i wouldn't dual from a druid to a fighter. Druids get, if you have HoW, pretty powerfull special abilities. And you'll loose out on them if you dual to early and dualing to late in the game will mean that you'll never get the druid abilities back.

JR

Damned i lost cousin Jan's techno gloves
JR Jansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2001, 07:49 PM   #3
Last OTTOMAN
Elite Waterdeep Guard

thanx for the explanation JR Jansen

but elf can be a druid ..anyway

fighter/druid is better in HoF mode only druid can be weak.with this party ý think ý can use all items and weapons..or did ý miss something?(my dwarf is evil).
Last OTTOMAN is offline   Reply With Quote