Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Dungeon Craft - RPG Game Maker
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2005, 11:50 AM   #1
manikus
Jack Burton

There has been kind of an on-going philosophical type debate about the near side walls. Some believe that they are the whole wall, while others espouse that they are half of the wall. For the whole wall, you would see a whole window or door, but for the half-wall you would only see half a window or door, etc.

Where do you fall on this topic?

We've got some awesome walls by Ziroc and Telwyn that are whole wall, and we've got some awesome walls by Kaltusara and Steve McDonald that are half-walls.

I think it's entirely possible to embrace both formats, or we could decide which is best as a default for DC...

-manikus
Old 03-29-2005, 02:55 PM   #2
Telwyn
Dungeon Master

I think the walls actually look good either way, so I don't really have a strong preference. However, if push came to shove and we had to go with a standard, then I would say show the full wall, just so it matches up with the rest of the walls.
Telwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 10:00 AM   #3
Steve McDonald
The Magister

I always use half walls, partly because I think it looks better and partly because that is what the Easywalltex program seems to create (I often use that to get the perspective about right, then paste the parts into the other wall format and cut off any excess).

I think it makes more sense to show half walls as the party is in the middle of the square. Since all of my walls are in this format I would say: "Go half walls!"

But really I would hardly notice the difference between the two styles and I don't think it matters much.

Steve
Steve McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote