Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2000, 11:44 AM   #1
Onabe

I ascended my preist and 2 warriors to Paladins all when I hit level 3.
My question is this: Why can't the warriors learn the heal spell. They already know both of the other level 1 spirit spells but heal is not an option to learn. My priest already had heal, so I'm not sure if he would be able to learn it as a paladin. Can anyone tell me if a paladin can ever learn healing. And also, if you happen to be all knowing, What kind of idiot designs a game with a paladin class that can't heal. (Paladins are generally known as Fighters that can heal and bless). Anyway, thanks for any info you may have on this.
Old 12-14-2000, 01:00 PM   #2
Lily the Ranger

Paladins can learn heal . . . have you actually finished the quest (gone into the wilderness and found the statue of Kerah? Then returned to be recognised by the fellow who gave you the quest (your journal should say quest completed)? What of sorcery and spirit spells do your characters hold? I hope by now . . . you have heal.
Old 12-14-2000, 01:18 PM   #3
Onabe

I am a level 3 paladin. Which is to say I have completed the quest awhile ago

I already have learned bless and Awaken which are the other 2 level 1 spirit spells. But heal is not an option for the warriors. Now my Priest, who is also a level 3 paladin now, Does have heal and greater heal, But like I said he had heal before he became a paladin so I'm not sure if it's stat related or because he was a priest first.

I'll do some tests tonight and try to figure it out.
Old 12-14-2000, 05:31 PM   #4
Lily the Ranger

I am baffled . . . if your warriors completed the Paladin quest and are now Paladins they should be able to LEARN spirit magic. What level Spirit Magic are you?
Old 12-14-2000, 05:35 PM   #5
the mick

Here's the deal...when you complete your paladin quest, you start with heal...you don't need to learn it, you just have it! So, in fact, the idiots who designed this game were smart enought to trick you by giving you a spell already.
Old 12-14-2000, 05:42 PM   #6
Lily the Ranger

DOH!
Old 12-14-2000, 06:40 PM   #7
PIMP

man(women) i'm a level 15 paladin i've learned pretty much any spell you can learn for the spirt spells, go to the statue fo kerah near the nypmh that should start you out.
Old 12-14-2000, 11:37 PM   #8
thoon
Elite Waterdeep Guard

AS your Paladin gains in level, she can learn all the spirit spells. If you change, you have to wait to get to the level you were before or higher.
thoon is offline   Reply With Quote