Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-2003, 04:36 AM   #1
smeagol420
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ive gotten through the illyid lait, the beholders and the five demon knights
I cant even see the screen anymore its so dark in here
Im not sure if i screwed up my drow P. R. right off the bat but ive foughten each one ive seen and havent found the city. anyway im by this door locked by drow magic that i obviously dont have.please help!
Old 02-28-2003, 04:51 AM   #2
Legolas
Jack Burton

Spoiler
Just before you reach the sealed door, the path branches off to a different direction. If you follow it, you'll find a cave. Inside the cave is a dragon. Talk to her and she'll get you in.
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2003, 05:07 AM   #3
smeagol420
Elite Waterdeep Guard

im not sure if i was clear. im in the cavern with the swirls symbols on the floor. where is the drow city im so confused
Old 02-28-2003, 05:09 AM   #4
smeagol420
Elite Waterdeep Guard

im not sure if i was clear. im in the cavern with the swirls symbols on the floor. where is the drow city im so confused
Old 02-28-2003, 05:41 AM   #5
Seraph
Quintesson

Did you talk to the gnomes in the upper-left part of the map?
Seraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2003, 09:13 AM   #6
Vedran
Lord Soth

Press M to bring the area map. The exit is shown with a sign on it. Click there and press G to remove map. Now move your pointer around, and you will see that it changes to "go-to-another-area" cursor. Click.
That will bring your party to the main cavern of Underdark. Drow city is to the far NE.
Vedran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2003, 04:32 PM   #7
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Boy, this thread is confusing! I'll try to clarify everything:

smeagol, the "cavern with the swirls symbols on the floor" is the Kuo-Toa Lair, also known as the Western Tunnels. Since you've already taken care of them, the Demon Knights which can also be found there, not to mention the Illithid City (Eastern Tunnels) and the Beholder Hive (Southern Tunnels) as well, we may presume you are not incompetent at this game.

To get the most fun out of Chapter 5:
  • Leave the Kuo-Toa Lair (forget about trying to unlock the door sealed by Drow magic, go out the way you came in).
  • Head for the northwestern part of the main Underdark map and find the mayor of the Svirfneblin settlement (Svirfneblin = Deep Gnome).
  • Solve his little problem.
  • He'll give you what is essentially the key to a place where you couldn't go before. Once you have that key, leave the Svirfneblin settlement and head for a spot on in the northeastern part of the Underdark map. It will be marked (on your map screen) as "Dark Cave."
  • Be prepared for some major questing.
This isn't even all of Chapter 5: I've laid a trail of breadcrumbs to start you off on the Main Plot, but there's still a couple of subquests left. (You've already taken out the 3 biggest subquests by clearing out the various Tunnels.)

[ 02-28-2003, 06:21 PM: Message edited by: SixOfSpades ]
Old 02-28-2003, 04:52 PM   #8
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Or you can just kill the dragon and take the scroll to open up the Underdark Exit Doors in the Kuo-tao lair.
Gangrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2003, 01:29 PM   #9
smeagol420
Elite Waterdeep Guard

thanks guys appreciate the help ill try it
sorry to make things confusing i write my threads at 430 in the morning when im completely fed up.