Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2004, 05:27 PM   #1
onedarkflame
Welcomed New User

Hey, sorry if this was already brought up, but is there any way to import my characters from Icewind Dale into Icewind Dale II? I couldn't believe when I started IWD2 after finishing HoW that it wouldn't allow imports and it annoys me since I spent so long leveling my characters up and now I have to scrap them because it would be kind of stupid to go through IWD again using the same characters since all the adventures and everything would still be the same. So does anyone know of some kind of convertor or program that will allow me to import them? I don't care if it doesn't import items and stuff, I just want the characters mainly and I can pick up new items in the game. If anyone has any advice I would appreciate it. Thanks a lot.

[ 07-08-2004, 05:27 PM: Message edited by: onedarkflame ]
onedarkflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 10:52 AM   #2
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Sorry but no. IWD uses 2nd edition rules and IWD2 uses 3rd edition rules and they are incompatible. THe best you could hope for is to use a character editor like dalekeeper to build your characters up to a similiar level in third edition rules.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 11:40 PM   #3
onedarkflame
Welcomed New User

Oh, I see. Well, thank you then. It doesn't really make sense for them to make a game and then make the sequel be incompatible with your characters from the first game, especially when the end of HoW mentions the heroes having many more adventures to come. Obviously there won't be anymore adventures for them though because of this change. Thanks again and I think I will look into Dalekeeper.
Old 07-10-2004, 05:32 AM   #4
JrKASperov
Fzoul Chembryl

IWDII is supposed to be played from lvl 1, so why don't you rebuild your chars in 3rd edition? I can tell you rebuilding chars is pretty much fun with the abundance of rules in 3rd edition
Old 07-11-2004, 12:48 AM   #5
onedarkflame
Welcomed New User

Alright, I'll try that then. From what I can tell, it's going to be a pain to do all that converting anyway. I was just hoping to be able to use my characters as if they were going from one adventure to the next. The worst part will be losing all those spells I collected and having to gain enough levels to be able to use them again. I was planning on importing my characters and setting the game difficulty to Heart of Fury or something so it wasn't too easy, but I'll just try from the beginning first. Thanks.