Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-2002, 05:39 PM   #1
KDogRex
Symbol of Cyric

I just picked this up at a used software shop and was wondering if anyone had played it or had an opinion on it? It's an AD&D game from 1997 taking place in Waterdeep...anyone, anyone? Bueller, Bueller?
[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 06-11-2002, 01:43 AM   #2
Disciple
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I hope you payed no more than $.25 for it, because thats about what its worth. Its a 'RPG' made with the Descent engine(the full 3D shooter). Easily one of the worst games made in the past decade.

Yea I actually played this...game for probably 15 or so hours and couldn't take it anymore.
Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2002, 04:03 PM   #3
wrolf
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Descent is one of the few games that I could not complete due to the "bugs". I do remember being able to explore the first few levels and run some of the quests. You could explore many areas like runming across the rafters or behind waterfalls. Maybe you'll have better luck getting it to run.
Old 06-15-2002, 03:57 PM   #4
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I paid $50 (or something close) for it and it never ran right. I gave up. And the store wouldnt take it back. Use it as a frisbee
Old 06-15-2002, 07:43 PM   #5
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by KDogRex:
I just picked this up at a used software shop and was wondering if anyone had played it or had an opinion on it? It's an AD&D game from 1997 taking place in Waterdeep...anyone, anyone? Bueller, Bueller?
[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
It was a REAL stinker! [img]smile.gif[/img] , but It's "KINDA" nice just to own one of the worst RPG's of all time in a weird way..

It's kinda fun in some areas, but it's SO buggy, and monsters hover and then keep walking sideways after you kill them.. I never made it past the skeleton crypts.. If they *&*&*#@'ing used the Descent2 engine with 3DFX, it MIGHT have been cool (Graphics wise)

Keep it though--is it in the box still? (The White Box) ?

Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2002, 05:05 PM   #6
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

The game is terrible! bad grapich and bad gameplay!! A real shit game!
Megabot is offline   Reply With Quote