Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-2003, 07:15 PM   #11
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Magness,

Mike mentioned that you two had exchanged emails. lol And we are definitely diferent people. [img]smile.gif[/img]

The Felix and Grotek ports were definitely edits off our site. Have at it though. I definitely like some of the colour edits you did. [img]smile.gif[/img]

There are a couple of ports that I haven't seen before. I wish that you had the original artwork for those as they would make great NWN ports. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Our site is definitely going back up, but progress on it is VERY slow. Both Mike and I have submerged with R/L committments that have just been destroying our free time.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2003, 08:43 PM   #12
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Magness:

I basically agree with you. Not to sound prudish, but I also prefer the portraits of women that look ready for combat as well. Those fantasy pics with nearly naked women running around with swords, a little armor on their shoulders, and with little else but a thong may be amusing to look at, but they just don't seem practical. I don't care if you're a man or a woman... if you're going into battle with a melee weapon, you're not going to fight half-naked given a choice.
I prefer half naked female adventurers, as long as they are of good taste. Conan didn't seem to mind figting like that. Why would the female care?
Old 03-02-2003, 02:02 PM   #13
Sir Degrader
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Pretty nice pics, although i think that it would have been possible to sqeeze more of them onto a single page. Good website in all.
Sir Degrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2003, 10:36 PM   #14
Magness
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Degrader:
Pretty nice pics, although i think that it would have been possible to sqeeze more of them onto a single page. Good website in all.
I was trying to minimize the amount of scrolling needed. My original non-framed site had all of the female thumbnails come up on a single page (ditto for the males). Of course there were also only about 1/3 as many total portraits back then as there are now. It was getting unwieldy and was taking quite a while for the page to load. So I switched to the current framed, 12 thumbs to a page format.

And I wanted to keep the thumbnails at a size that was still large enough to get a nice sense of the what the full sized portrait looked like. I did check out a variety a of sizes and settled on a 40% (of the original) size for the thumbnails.
Magness is offline   Reply With Quote