Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-2001, 07:42 PM   #41
ozzbod

Hey Sean cobber, I can associate and sympathize with you, and will admit W&W does not leave a hangover the next morning and is definately more satisfying than a one night stand after a break up!!

I hate to voice it, but I thought I could not find the guilds, any guild, so after many many hours of playing the game, my team were still the orginal warriors, rogues and so forth. Any one know that song "girls are dumb where I come from..."
Old 01-06-2001, 10:13 AM   #42
-Sid

Okay, dumb yes but with this forum, I am glad to see I'm not the only one, after reading thru some of these and laughing myself into hysterics...I thought I'd return the favor and let you laugh at me. Of course I had just bought the game, and being bored to tears and replaying M&M 8 over AGAIN. I was eager to start off, I skimmed thru the manual, thinking ohh yeah I can do this one, and tossing it aside. I started out. Of course I died a flaming death defeated by of all things a pack of mongrel dogs, which I couldn't fight or figure out how to cast spells so I could SEE. It was dark. Well I continued, being of stout heart(did I mention I was bored with Might&Magic?) and took all the characters to the store, and bought torches. Which this time I saved the game beforehand, went outside, could sorta see, and had figured out in the interm how to cast. Not that I bothered to pick up the manual again, ohhh no. Do you have to equip the torches BTW or are they just automatically active? I still haven't figured that one out...you can't use them. Not in the use or give area anyway.Well I noticed that the game time advanced so I decided to wait for dawn...duhhhhhhh. I knew of course that time didn't stand still but I just wasn't thinking. Well I did notice that they posted a time when you saved your game...and thinking that it was game time I continued to wait out the dark..'til, and this is the punch line I noticed my save time..was MY time, not game time. Go ahead laugh I did.
Old 01-06-2001, 03:16 PM   #43
Mammawlin

Two more really dumb things I did are: 1..When the guy in the castle told me to meet him in the South West and he would help me to defeat Halibus and release Desoto - Man I looked for him forever all over the place, never missed a hillside in the South West - even up to the stout mines - and that sucker was right outside the castle wall the whole time. and 2.. How many times I came looking for help at the forum and looked through page after miserable page, not knowing I could SEARCH for the answer without reading every single posting! Sure is better to have the search when seeking specific help - although I do enjoy reading the board when I have time and am not stuck in the game.
Old 01-06-2001, 04:30 PM   #44
Face

Here's a good one...
I found those rats by Ishad N'Ha at an encampment, who I much later found were for Assassin quest. I killed 'em. Now my poor Ninja is crying cause he can't become one
Old 01-11-2001, 01:45 AM   #45
adam mage

1: I used 'Flamestrike' and 'Elemental Blast' up close to the enemy FAR too many times. I didn't know how to 'back up' until I learned how to use the arrow keypad ....

2: I talked, Tried to kill, and tried to Carry/move the Statue of Kerah at the Crypt many times and it didn't budge. I was fiddling around with my items and ran across this amulet....that would give you the words to say to it... duh.... I learned how to READ! my father must be a Boorge!

3: Honestly I had a bad habit of NOT reading the manual before using the game......Here I was, wasting the ability points and skill points before I realized that the character should have one or two important skill to work with.....
Old 01-11-2001, 06:12 PM   #46
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Cream rises!
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2001, 06:14 PM   #47
Dr. Bob
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Just to add my 2 cents worth:
The dumbest thing I did was change my charcters' classes to soon. Most notably, my Priest. So now I've gotten thru the Dragon Spire and I STILL don't have any characters that know Vine spells. One of these days I'll change somebody to a Ranger. You couldn't believe how many times I had to run to that magic drinking fountain above the library in the Serpent Temple to cure poison...
Dr. Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2001, 08:16 PM   #48
emilyh
Welcomed New User

That would be attacking the toad warriors at the very beginning of the game (they blocked my way, would not move and I was stuck, would not respond to Ukabu) and I couldn't complete the toad quest. Doh!
emilyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2001, 10:30 AM   #49
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Saw that another thread on this ever so interesting topic was started and thought I would bring this one back to life. Many of the people who posted to this original thread no longer follow the board (such a pity!) but it should still prove amusing to those who stop to read it!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote