Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-12-2001, 11:57 AM   #51
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
Ramon- Guten Morgen! Sounds good to me, but I am going to mainly lurk- way to rusty. Been some 19 yrs since I studied it and then only 3 semesters, and about 6yrs since I had anyone around who spoke German! Am talking to a faculty member about how to get cyrillic (and maybe my German accents- umlauts etc) into web-based apps... I hate being 'keyboard deprived'!LOL

CB (you keep up with those adorable new nicks and I'm going to run out of space in my bag of holding...Cloudphenom..hahaha!)
I can tell you an easy way to get the words there. Just go to the foreign translator program that Ziroc pointed us to and then select the wacky keyboard. Type every letter and etc into a message and then save it to your word processor or as a web page. Then whenever you need the words and stuff, you can "create" them from the alphabet. As you do this, cut and paste this stuff to add it to your txt file. If you might forget, then put the translation beside it. Eventually, you will have a big thick dictionary of your own. You don't have to do all that if all's you want is the characters though, just cut and paste what you need as you need it.

------------------

Death Waits 4 U ALL
Old 03-12-2001, 12:00 PM   #52
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

Guten Morgen, Cloudkrauter !

(Btw, you do realize that it is 5:44 p.m. here, don't you ? )

Nah, you are capable of many things but not lurking, as you are so "verbose".
But don't worry about your German, you will find a way to talk non-verbally with your hands, even via the net, if it is that what it takes to make yourself heard.
I am sure of that !

And if you feel like giving it a try with verbally communicating in German again, I'll give you a hand.

------------------
So long !

R³ - Co-president(s) of the Club of Broken Hearts
Old 03-12-2001, 12:00 PM   #53
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:
Life at last!!

Tobbin - Didn't say this on another thread, but thanks for all your hard work! You are a true rare gem of a man!

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
Ditto Tobbin.

I just wanted to say Thank You to the both of you. Meant a lot to me for you to say that.

------------------

Death Waits 4 U ALL
Old 03-12-2001, 12:02 PM   #54
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Thanks Tobbin, I may have to do that if I can't find a character/font set that will work.

CB, with lunch hour and spam time!
Old 03-12-2001, 12:06 PM   #55
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

CB, with lunch hour and spam time!

Mercy !

------------------
So long !

R³ - Co-president(s) of the Club of Broken Hearts
Old 03-12-2001, 12:43 PM   #56
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Hello Ramon! Guten Abend, then! Or Guten Morgenabend...hahahaha!
Hmmmm...talking with ones hands via ether...a bit surreal, what?! LOL, not so good as one on one, eh?

Hey, I'm not sure but I think there was a veiled insult there..hmmm...yup, there was! Verbose! Well, I did say it first..first strike, pre-emptive strike or so they say! Seems to have misfired! LOLOLOLOLOL

Mr. Thorough is crying Mercy? ROTFL!!!!! Sorry, Ramon, but I'm feeling ruthless today...I do however, take prisoners...hehehe (did you see my reply in the tv show thread?)

When I get my act together re; the German, I'll let you know. Haven't a clue where my books got to...sigh... Of course, I will be struggling along with minimal vocabulary and grammar...should be quite boring conversations! You know: Also, wie gehts , es geht mir gut...blah blah blah

StormSong
Old 03-13-2001, 07:23 AM   #57
MORDRICK THE MAD
The Magister

Sorry for not replying to my own topic but just after I posted it I had a powercut and this is the first time I've had the chance to visit again as I was at work yesterday for almost 12 hours so didn't get much free time.
But thanks for replying I belive this is my biggest response yet so I must almost be through the "newbie" stage!
Thanks
MTM

------------------

At an early age, Mordrick the Monk showed Promise!

[This message has been edited by MORDRICK THE MAD (edited 03-13-2001).]
Old 03-13-2001, 09:12 AM   #58
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Hey Mordrick- you couldn't be a newbie if you tried, now! LOL

Cloudy

------------------
Storm-Queen
Purple Rose of the Black Knight
Old 03-13-2001, 09:19 AM   #59
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by MORDRICK THE MAD:
Sorry for not replying to my own topic but just after I posted it I had a powercut and this is the first time I've had the chance to visit again as I was at work yesterday for almost 12 hours so didn't get much free time.
But thanks for replying I belive this is my biggest response yet so I must almost be through the "newbie" stage!
Thanks
MTM

Just be glad that you didn't lose your computer in the process. When I was working with No-Cuts cable locating, one time Time Warner didn't wait for us to mark out an area. They went in there and started digging. Well, they accidentally popped a service line to someone's house. When this happen, it sounded like the 4th of July, baby (No pun intended on your signature. LOL). 20 homes were affected. They lost EVERYTHING connected to their electrical outlets at the time. You should have seen so many blown up TV's sitting by the curb for pickup. There were microwaves, lamps, it almost looked like some kind of Bizarro yard sale. If it weren't for the stuff looking all burned and smelling like burnt rubber, I might of actually offered someone something for them. There was this one big ole projection TV, oh man, Time Warner had to pay through the nose for all of that. Teaches you to wait anytime there is the possibility of electricity. Luckily, nobody got hurt.

------------------

Death Waits 4 U ALL
Old 03-13-2001, 09:52 AM   #60
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Whoa, Tobbin, that's amazing! I have all underground wiring/cables in my neighborhood. I always wondered what would happen if somebody dug too far! OUCH! We always call to have the wires marked before planting anything so I'm careful, but who knows about the neighbors?! Whew!

Cloudy

------------------
Storm-Queen
Purple Rose of the Black Knight