Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-2000, 08:57 AM   #31
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

and I thought I was immune!

Replaying the game gives you a false sense of security. Nope, no silly mistakes this time through. Did the Boogre cave and after doing the whole bit decided that I'd just take a short cut and stack up chests, barrels and stuff and climb out of that first pit into which you drop. So happily I collected all the moveables and stacked them up and climbed atop and looked up. A DUH - the ceiling/floor is closed so you can't climb out.

Wyv
Did you know that you can carry two things at once by stacking them on one another and carrying the bottom one?? Wonder if that would work for three.
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2000, 12:18 AM   #32
thoon
Elite Waterdeep Guard

1. Dumb -- Spent about an hour saying Sanctus Kerah over and over in the Serpent temple, trying to hit the statue, climbing over it, rereading the amulet. Finally decide to go back to town, turned around, and the door had been open the whole time!! Didn't occur to me the door would open without any noise.

2. Dumber -- Found the oracles, found the funny place on the wall, had the signet, could not get the door to open. Retraced the whole area, back to town twice, finally had to ask in this forum. Just didn't occur to me to talk to the oracles.

3 Unsmart -- One of my characters lost two fortitude points to the wasting disease because I couldn't cure it and in the earlier save game she had already caught it. Then I read the solution here: Kill her, then resurrect her ... she is cured! I wonder if that works for the stone spell?
thoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2001, 06:03 AM   #33
Thorny

Here's a good one. I got trapped inside the entrance to DragonSpire and couldn't get back out. I pulled and pushed the lever, the game reloaded over and over, but the door back to the outside was still closed. Only the door going into the caves was opening and closing? I eventually figured out that I was standing too close to the door when I pulled the lever, so that the door would hit me and not open! I saw the message about getting hit with crush damage, but didn't figure out it was caused by the door. I still couldn't get out until I "hid" around the corner and reached around and pulled the lever.
Old 01-01-2001, 06:06 AM   #34
Thorny

How about asking Erathmador about the ancient history. He then rattles on for an eternity while I'm waiting to get his attention to get the Mavin Sword.

Not to be outdone, I fell for the same thing with the Living Tree, only he is much older.
Old 01-03-2001, 12:10 AM   #35
Mammawlin

Oh, so this is the dumb poll I have heard about! Well, I believe I have done EVERY DUMB THING THAT IS LISTED HERE! and then some. . . I really hated myself for selling the assassins dagger wtihout invoking it first. . . but the reason I came looking for answers and found this forum is because I thought I was supposed to find the Mavin in the first crypt! I spent so much time - hours - days - in there looking and poking and prodding that I don't even want to try to figure how long it was. Then I came here and someone answered "Did you really think it would be that easy?". . . Well, duh, yeah, as a matter of fact I did. Whew, what would I do without you? I'd still be looking in the crypt maybe. . .
Old 01-03-2001, 02:50 AM   #36
Nybras

What a fun thread!!!

I have been to this board many, many times, but have not felt compelled to post until seeing this topic. Astyanx12, you're a genius!

Well, this might not be considered as much dumb as it is brain dead, but:

After the Stout Mines I ventured into the Booger Caves. Early on I found the "rear entrance" and decided I might as well screw around out here, having the x-tra "Boogerized" HPs and all. I found the two headed cyclops giant, killed him, and got the ever-lovin' magic lamp. I returned to finish the Booger area, went back to Ishad N'ha for guild quest recognition etc., and headed out to the Dragon's Spire for the first time. I crawled all over the inside of that mountain kickin' butt & takin' names, got the Mavin Sword, and went on to Brimloch Roon to sell the booty (that's treasure, not prostitution). I was ready to set sail for adventures west when I realized I still had an Ishad N'ha guild quest to complete (kill Grue), and had to head back through the Spire and wander all over mid-Gael to find and kill that A-hole. Once done I headed back to Ishad N'ha to get me props and sell more booty (still treasure).

I, once again, walked all the way back to Brimloch Roon (having not yet aquired both the teleport and create portal spells) before I said to myself "What the f**k does that magic lamp do"?

That's right, I carried that darn lamp around for something like 30-40 gaming hours before I even decided to TRY to see what it did.

I feel so dirty, and not in a good way.
Old 01-03-2001, 11:52 AM   #37
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

I'm guilty of carrying many items around in my inventory which I intend to try and always forget. The Ring of Neptune, the Stone of the Mountain, the lamp - the list goes on!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2001, 06:58 PM   #38
Mohazek
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I got mine out of the way early - When doing the Toad thing i couldnt find my way into the toad city. I went and talked to the gaurd BUT NEVER WENT IN HIS LITTLE HUT!! So i spent hours trying to climb jump or otherwise insinuate myself into the big mushroom building of course to no avail. After buying a new keyboard (i smashed other one) i discovered what i missed - Oh well - best $40.00 i ever spent =)
Mohazek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2001, 07:25 PM   #39
Sean Mc.

Started dating someone when I first got this game.....the game is still around and my eyes are burning from looking at the screen for hours on end.

Cheers,
Old 01-03-2001, 07:25 PM   #40
Gauleiter

I'm always selling quest items before I realise that I need them, then I have to buy them back at like twice what I got for them! My current game is three characters, and inventory space is always running short. I've taken to selling every potion/spell that I can do myself, along with every weapon that's not currently equipped.

Also, I threw away Goshin's shield *somewhere* in that castle, 'cause I hate shields and it was crowding my much-needed space. Only later did I discover that the armory guy wanted it...