Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-05-2001, 05:13 PM   #1
Hase

Are these horrifying monters just to strong for my party (all about lvl6, and 2 in prestige roles) or am i missing just a super-wondrous item that wouhl help me out getting past them or even .... defeating them.

thx in advance for any help.
Old 02-05-2001, 05:22 PM   #2
Dwarf

Damn, my parties are usualy about 11th level when I run into those things, it generally helps to do all of the quests in an area before rushing into danger.
Old 02-05-2001, 05:36 PM   #3
Xignal76

Run fast past them, cross the Castle moat, run southwest, turn around and use fire spells from around the corner and at the very edge of sight.

-------------
Rick
Hints, Walk-Throughs and More at The WWHAP
Old 02-05-2001, 10:20 PM   #4
UncleJoe
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Rick has the right idea. Don't try to fight them nose-to-nose, you'll die quickly. Go anywhere where they can't follow (into the castle, around the corner in the moat, etc.), rotate your party view to either side until they come into view, then shoot fire spells, etc. at them. If you can't see 'em when you're facing them directly, but you can when you rotate to the side, they are in range of your spells, but you're (probably) out of range of theirs. Good luck!
UncleJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2001, 10:53 PM   #5
Lost_Dude

If your doing this at Shurgeon Ruins The run past(If you cant run past them Cast Burn on them, This will hold them in 1 place long enouh for you to run by) into the moat and get on the nearest land with trees seperating the area from the rest of the area. From there you can cast burn and then more dangeruos spells (it isnt very wise to go there with people and level 6, All my chars are at atleast lv10 except my bard which I just got and they Still Kick my @$$ So dont fell bad.) If your having a hard time leveling then go to town and click on the little computer button and click reset andventure and you will start back in Valaie and none of the quests will be complete. I did it 3 times and when I got to the Naga in the serpent Temple SHE COULDNT GET MY MAGE PAST 38 LIFE AND MY MAGE ONLY HAS 58 LIFE!
Old 02-06-2001, 04:05 AM   #6
Davros
Takhisis Follower

And don't run back to town because they will just follow and be waiting there at the gates for you to emerge - run down around the corner of the castle and use the flame spells and tricks that the others have mentioned.
Davros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2001, 10:26 PM   #7
adam mage

Adam/paladin: up ahead! it's one of those Mantraps!
TAOQ/warlock: hah! I'm prepared for these types!
AZE/samurai : amen! I'm itching to use the Burning Haze or Firestorm on it!
Erin/monk: prepare yourselves!

SPLAT!
AZE: what the...?

TAOQ: ooooof! put-u! poootie!
Gambyt/ninja: look out! it's not a Mantrap it's a Mantrip!
Morik/barbarian: it came to trip us up!
Old 03-24-2001, 01:58 PM   #8
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote