Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-06-2002, 04:44 AM   #1
judee
Dungeon Master

Okay, this may contain some spoiler info, since it's talking about storyline, so don't read further if you absolutely don't want to know.
I've run one group playing the double agent thing. Now I have specifically set up two new groups because I want to see what happens if you completely side with one faction and take it to the end, the "destroy x" mission.

The thing is this:

I have one group that is very heavily Magic/ranged. (Priest, mage, alch, bard, gadget, fairyNinja)

The second group is very biased toward Might, very little magic except a Bard, and a fighting Bishop to feed the Bard (stamina) and supply cursed item removal. (Lord, Fighter, Monk, Rogue, Bard, Bishop) Heh, all men, btw.

So, the question is, who takes which side?

My inclination is to have the Mighty men take the Umpani side. Seems they would kind of understand each other better. I don't think my Might group would have much tolerance for the T'rangs. Whereas the Majickers really don't understand the brute force of the Umpani's so they would tend to go for a T'rang alliance.

This way, in the final quests, my Might group will be using force against the more magically inclined T'rang and my Magic group will be standing back shooting spells at the Umpani.

That's the part that scares me. It seems there might be a slight disadvantage for Magickers to fight the heavy artillary. Has anyone tried this? I'm just afraid they might get royally stomped into a pile of mush!

Of course, doing it the other way, Might angains Umpani, would just be a show of who is stronger. And Magic against T'rang, i guess would be a matter of who is best at Ranged and who can get behind the defenses.

Actually, it occurs to me, since I have never fought a T'rang or Umpani that I am assuming a lot. So, question time to those who know:

Is the Umpani as it appears, mostly non-magical brute force? Do they have any magic? And the T'rangs, do they fight primarily with magic, or am I just assuming that?

To anyone who has fought either group, I would greatly appreciate any input as to their fighting strategies.

I've got plenty of time to plan my battles, since both of these new teams are still in the Monastery.

Thanks in advance!

judee
judee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2002, 11:29 AM   #2
SecretMaster
Apophis

T'rangs have magic and shockrods, which are ranged, though how you make it become ranged, i don't know. If any of your guys use polearms, go with the T'rang. And also Umpani have guns, great modern weapons, and you can get a blunderbuss, muskets. Umpani have no magic, and are more militant and fighters, but if the Might party uses some ranged, that's even better. T'rang have magic, and easier quests. The Umpani however have harder quests (in my opinon) but I played with the Umpani
SecretMaster is offline   Reply With Quote