Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-24-2001, 01:33 PM   #1
WizardMen
The Magister

i restarted my adventures cause i was getting worked by everybody that i came across and when i got to the crypt and picked the left side(i think wizards side) and i cand get past it? for some reason it is alot harder than the warriors side and i cant just run across cause i cant make it..any suggestions?
WizardMen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2001, 01:55 PM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Are you using the crate/chest strategy?? Have your lead character CARRY a crate or chest and when you get to that center aisle run for the gate. The chest/crate should reach it before it closes keeping it open and allowing you to get through.

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2001, 01:58 PM   #3
WizardMen
The Magister

actully i did try that but it didnt work for me..the creat just got to the other side and then i t got stuck and i cant get it
WizardMen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2001, 09:33 AM   #4
Moni

This took me a few tries but I finally managed to end up with the crate in a position where it held the gate open. (I consider it accidental success LOL).

If you haven't made it through and want to try the other path, you can always go back and stack crates in front of the platform where the other jindol is and climb up for it.

: )
Moni
Old 03-25-2001, 09:50 AM   #5
koolaidfreeservecouk
The Magister

This strategy has a 50% success rate and is non-complicated.
Just line up your party (smallest character first) before the first fire then RUN straight ahead and about halfof the time you are quick enough to beatthe closing gate.

May The Force be with you,
Si
koolaidfreeservecouk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2001, 10:06 AM   #6
Xignal
Drizzt Do'Urden

I use a two-crate method. I carry two crates to the fires area and then drop one. I carry the other and run through the fire - the crate usually ends up on the other side of the grate - and then I carry the other one through the flames. The first one acts as a partial blocker to the second crate (which holds up the grate) and I can then push on through under the grate.

Rick
Xignal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2001, 08:28 PM   #7
Hawkwind
Elite Waterdeep Guard

What if you have no crates? I methodically smashed them all looking for a poison cure potion. If I'd known they'd be needed, I would have kept at least one.

Now I'm stuck. The walkthrough (and the strategy guide) says: "Walk through the Central Fire in front of the Portcullis, and then walk backward through it. After doing that, walk around the edge of the room and 'slip through the gate'" Well, it simply doesn't WORK. I observe that the gate will open briefly when you step through the fire the first time, but then closes right away. Walking BACKWARD through the fire does nothing that I can see. The gate remains closed. If you try to walk around the edge of the room (you get burned twice more) you arrive on the other side of the central fire (in front of the Portcullis) and the door remains closed. What am I missing?

Hawkwind
Hawkwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2001, 09:04 PM   #8
Gaius Pecunia
Dungeon Master

I feel silly for asking, but did you pull the levers? Also, I believe the left side is Warriors and right side is Wizards. Are you in the one where the central fire HEALS you?
Gaius Pecunia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2001, 09:38 PM   #9
Hawkwind
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Gaius Pecunia:
I feel silly for asking, but did you pull the levers? Also, I believe the left side is Warriors and right side is Wizards. Are you in the one where the central fire HEALS you?
Don't feel silly... There are no levers in the Wizard's side. (Right) No Healing Fire - only Hurting/Killing Fire!!

Hawkwind

[This message has been edited by Hawkwind (edited 03-27-2001).]
Hawkwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2001, 10:37 PM   #10
Moni

Hawkwind, the side you took is where you would need to run through the central fire with a crate (broken or not) in hand and hopes it stops the gate. That going backwards thing never did anything for me either except maybe kill me quicker. ; )

It is the other side where you need to flip each lever and avoid the central fire.

About busting your crates: Fortunately for me and others, the game does not know your crates are busted and will still let you carry them and climb them when and where you need to.

: )
Moni