Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2002, 03:05 PM   #1
Gnomes_rule
Elite Waterdeep Guard

As everyone knows, there is a summoning limit of about 3 spells. But i have a way of breaking that limit. It includes simple steps. First, have a place you want to attack where you have a fair amount of summoning space. Then, when creating your charachter, you should create, then go to import, and import an exported charachter under the spaces whether it be cleric, mage, druid, or whatever. once finished creating characters, use your summoning spells untill you've reached the limit. Then save it with those monsters by your side. Then, quit out. Load the same game with the summoned monsters. Import your guy or gal, then summon again. As you can see, the game does not say "summoning limit reached". You can summon to your desire and create a humongous army. But remember, you can summon right before a door and then walk through the door, your monsters will dissapear. I did this for fun once and stormed a barbarian camp with 24 shambling mounds. It is fun. I suggest all you Icewind lovers give it a whirl.
Gnomes_rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2002, 04:59 PM   #2
Tanoch Thas'ala
Banned User

Welcome to Ironworks!!

But I don't see the fun in that...
Tanoch Thas'ala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2002, 07:45 PM   #3
Gnomes_rule
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Why not?
Gnomes_rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2002, 09:02 PM   #4
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Quote:
Originally posted by Tanoch Thas'ala:
Welcome to Ironworks!!

But I don't see the fun in that...
I think he was just having fun experimenting, it would be a bit tedious to play the whole game that way
Old 05-15-2002, 10:52 PM   #5
Azred
Drow Priestess

That gives me an idea, then. I'll look into any possible way to turn off the summoning limit, allowing limitless summoning. Wouldn't that make life interesting? [img]graemlins/petard.gif[/img]

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2002, 02:04 PM   #6
Tanoch Thas'ala
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by Gnomes_rule:
Why not?
Maybe it's just me, but I think having 6 characters is just getting to overkill, having those 6 plus 24 more to take out something that can be done with the original 6 is, to me, boring and not fun at all.

Not trying to be mean or rude.. [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]
Tanoch Thas'ala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2002, 01:50 PM   #7
zakharak
The Magister

[img]graemlins/bonghit.gif[/img]

i never really summoned more than two at a time, so i didn't realize that there was a limitation. It doesn't really mater to me because i am done anyway, and my party kicks arse!!

I should maybe summon more during the large dragon. lates