Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-20-2002, 04:23 PM   #11
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

Azred, This Is Actually True, Yet I've Only Just Realised! In Chapter 6 I Got The Long Sword +5!! Wow!
Old 02-20-2002, 07:11 PM   #12
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Beaumanoir,

Exactly which long sword +5??? and where did you find it?

I thought the best long sword in HOW was the Long Sword of Action +4 and that the only +5 weapons were those with +5 against specific monster types.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2002, 07:40 PM   #13
Jim
Quintesson

Hi Micah, long time no see [img]smile.gif[/img]

I like the lifegiver +4 too. Another random weapon found in the same location is the longbow +4.....Hammer. This baby has 4 shots per round (so 5 is guaranteed with a high level fighter) as well as +4 to hit and damage. This is the most powerful bow I have seen in BG, BG2, ToB and IWD. These two weapons seemed unobtainable the last time I played through IWD using all the latest patches, so I think they removed them because of their immense power (I installed the original version and imported my saved game and found both weapons almost straight away). The chests behind Ilmadia now seem to contain powerful crossbows, halberds, 2-H Axes and a 2-H sword "Backbiter", but unfortunately a recent patch removed Lifegiver and Hammer . Anyone else experienced this?
Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2002, 07:51 PM   #14
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Jim!!! I didn't recognize the changed sig at first. Good to see you. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I managed to get Lifegiver before I installed ToL or the last patch for HoW, so i can't honestly say whether it has just been made harder to get at Ilmadia's location or if has been removed from that location altogether. There's also a +3 2-handed sword that causes disease - can't remember the name of it - at Ilmadia's.

As for the Long Bow +4 Hammer, well, it's still in the game - even after ToL is installed. But it's at a location I never even thought about!

Spoiler:

Emrich in Lonelywood has it. You can't pickpocket it - you have to kill him to get it (at least with ToL installed).

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2002, 06:52 PM   #15
Warboss
Elite Waterdeep Guard

My personal favorites:

long sword of action +4 and an additional attack, a fighter with 5 levels of large sword will get 4.5 attacks! now down a potion of speed...

hammering long bow +4 ... you really blow through the arrows, but at 4 attacks per round ...

morning star of action +4 an extra attack and an AC bonus, perfect for clerics (or fighter/clerics)
Old 03-01-2002, 04:18 AM   #16
Bob Gibbon
Elite Waterdeep Guard

With the Long sword of Action+4 you can get
your Ranger to make up to 4to6 attacks per round
using the items which enable you a bonus to attack rate!
Bob Gibbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2002, 10:14 AM   #17
Buschmonkey
Elite Waterdeep Guard

My favourite weapon is the Lonesome Road. It is a 2 handed axe that does 1d10+3 damage, gives a +3 to THACO and gives a +1 to your Con when equipped, which is sweet. It doesn't have any other benefits like 10% chance of casting cure light wounds or anything like that. If it did it would be even sweeter. It's my favourite weapon because I've seen it do massive damage. You can buy it from Conlan in Kuldahar.
Buschmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2002, 11:42 AM   #18
Azred
Drow Priestess

The best normal weapons are the High Quality versions of weapons you find lying about here and there. [img]graemlins/blueblink.gif[/img] The best sword is, of course, the Restored Blade of Aihonen; if you have done the proper things in the game you will receive this blade. This blade may be further upgraded, if you know where to look. The best bow is Hammer; combine this with Arrows of Biting or Piercing for hideous effect. For all the other weapons, any +4 weapon is fine, but there is no real "best"; however, the Mage Dagger +4 is the best dagger (for mages).

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2002, 01:39 PM   #19
zakharak
The Magister

I think that it could be allright to say that the best weapon is:

A Mage.

I don't go into anyroom without first having him memorize especial offensive and defensive scrolls. He is an Invoker Mage.

Other than that, the "Giving Star" that NobleNick mentioned has taken my Bard to far extents! I had to buy it though, and i thought that i read that NobleNick found it?? Let me know.

See you all.

I love the ability to buy magical missile weapons (darts, bolts, arrows, bullets) now, it is so convenient!
Old 03-05-2002, 03:07 AM   #20
Bob Gibbon
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I agree with Buschmonkey in saying that lonesome
road is good but the problem is it is really
expensive.It takes awhile to save up $45000.
Bob Gibbon is offline   Reply With Quote