Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Poll:Best weapon (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22523)

Akar Kessel 02-17-2002 04:08 PM

Best normal weapon is scimitar

Beaumanoir 02-17-2002 05:18 PM

Scimater Is Exactly The Same As Long Sword, Down To The Speed Factor, The Damage And The Weight, Only Druids Can Use Them! The Best Weapon Ever Is Either The Restored Long Sword +5 Near Lac Dinneshire, Or The Repeating Crossbow +2

khazadman 02-17-2002 05:30 PM

how about pale justice?pretty good weapon.the only drawback is you need to be a paladin to use it.

Akar Kessel 02-17-2002 05:32 PM

Anything is good for goblin lifeblood

NobleNick 02-18-2002 02:59 PM

I'm only up to Chapter 2 (ToFG); but the best weapon I've found, so far, is one that I intend to keep for a while: "The Giving Star." It is only (heh, heh, "only") a +3 mace-class weapon, BUT there is a 10% chance of cure light wounds on the user with each successful hit.

Right now, my cleric only gets 1 attempted hit per round; but I am grooming a fighter to dual over to cleric after attaining level 7, and am pouring all proficiency points into mace. When she hits level 8 cleric, she will be a high master mace-wielder with 3 melee attacks per round. With a modified THAC0 of about 10, she should average about 2 points of healing per round.

Are there other weapons hanging around out there that have high modifiers *AND* better specials (e.g., 20% cure moderate wounds)?

khazadman, what is "pale justice" and where can I find it? I have a paladin, and was beginning to wonder what that turkey will be good for in the later stages of the game.

[ 02-18-2002: Message edited by: NobleNick ]</p>

Micah Foehammer 02-18-2002 03:45 PM

There are tons of great weapons for clerics, ranging to +4 in IWD. Specials such as bonuses to wisdom, ac bonus, bonus spells, extra attacks and combinations of several of the above can be found in later stages of the game (actually starting in the severed hand). Some of these are actually morning stars but they also use the mace proficiency.

Pale Justice is a very plain looking sword .. in fact it can EASILY be mistaken for a normal long sword. It is actually not as powerful in terms of overall bonuses as some of the other long swords in the game, except that it has some hellacious modifiers against evil creatures. SInce you are only in chapter 2, you have a ways to go before you will even be close to it. Spoiler:

Start keeping your eye out for Pale Justice once you've reached Lower Dorn's Deep. That's all I'll say for now ..... [img]smile.gif[/img]

Keylow 02-19-2002 05:05 AM

This is one of my favorite weapons:

Two-handed sword +4, Lifegiver
dmg: 1d10 + 4
thaco: +4
Grants the wielder super fast regenartion and a 5% chance to heal 1d20 hp to self on a succesfull hit.

[ 02-19-2002: Message edited by: Keylow ]</p>

NobleNick 02-19-2002 02:54 PM

Keylow,

Wow! Seems almost too good to be true! Where do you find this puppy?

Azred 02-19-2002 03:18 PM

<font color = lightgreen>In general, you can find weapons whose enchantment level = your current chapter - 1. That is, everyone should find a +2 weapon while in chapter 3, etc. By the time you hit the later chapters, almost everyone is carrying a +4 weapon (at least +3, which is all you need anyway).</font>

Micah Foehammer 02-19-2002 07:06 PM

Nick,

Lifegiver spoiler:

I found the Lifegiver sword on/near Sister Ilmadia in Lower Dorn's Deep and its definitely a random item.