Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2001, 02:05 PM   #1
BlackFurredBeast
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi, my name is BlackFurredBeast, I'm quite new to this forum and enjoy discussing stuff here:

I really loved "Cormyr: A Novel". This book had everything that a good fantasy novel needed: Suspense, imaginative characters and a truely epic scale. Fantastic!

And then, by sheer coincidence (since in germany the AD&D Books are nearly nowhere to be found, except via amazon.com or other online stores) I happened to get BEYOND THE HIGH ROAD and DEATH OF THE DRAGON... I devoured them and (especially in the last volume) I was nearly mad with grief:
WHAT ARE THEY DOING TO CORMYR!!!!!!!!?!?

It is almost as if greenwood and denning wanted to eradicate one of the most shining kingdoms on my "second homeworld"... At least they tried hard...
Not that the books were crap, far from it... excellent writing and all. But it was a terrifying read nonetheless

any other opinions?

Thanks for your patience
BFB

------------------
------------------------
Called by the Wild
BlackFurredBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2001, 09:06 PM   #2
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

<font color="white">The girl on the cover of Highroad is cute! That is the only thing I know about the book so far, as I am behind in my reading. Why? I spend all my waking hours here on the forum!!!</font>

------------------

Devoted member of the Ironworks
Loyal guardian of the OHF
Member of the Ancients' club
Faith beset in The Rocks
(they show the way, you know...)
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2001, 08:40 AM   #3
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

They were setting up Cormyr for 3rd Edition PnP, because it was getting too lawful and orderly. There's not much fun adventuring where things are too law-abiding, eh?

Don't worry, Cormyr survives, under the Steel Regent, and a certain sorceress named Caladnei, whom Vangerdahast has named as his successor in leading the War Wizards.

------------------
Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2001, 03:21 PM   #4
BlackFurredBeast
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Memnoch:

Well, the ending chapter of "Death of the Dragon" left quite many questions unanswered.... Do I have to buy the "NEW" forgotten realms campaign set to learn how things go on from there? 'Twould be quite expensive

Thanks in advance
BFB

------------------
------------------------
Called by the Wild
BlackFurredBeast is offline   Reply With Quote