Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2005, 09:29 PM   #1
rah_pillage
Dungeon Master

I'm just dying and dying here in chapter 3.

I'm in the sewers now with this kat (yeah 60's slang is kewl) named keldorn and I've run into all kinds of stuff... did I mention deadly stuff.

Though I did find someone I wasnt even looking for (a poet and he dont even know it) so I "pull up" on my original ideas (doing something for the church.. can't fully remember now) and took the fool to safety.. ok, it got badder (is that a word, or is it grammatically incorrect in that context...) from there and I wind up locked up and everybodys playing with power but me. So I'm dead again.

Is it me or do these enemy kats seem overpowered if you didnt play BG (1) and import the character?

Anyways on a side note, question:

1. If ya had to pick between swords "Adjatha The Drinker +2" and "Sword of Chaos +2" which one would you keep in your grimey paws (well of course you can switch out, but for christ sakes I die too fast for that).

On my way to spy on some thief, got a ok fighter with me now to go with me "true fighter CN" and minsc, ditched yoshi, got Jaheira (was thinking of ditching her too, but seems she's got the whole world tryin to kill us now... thats always good for excitement, so I'll keep her), still got Aerie (dont ask me why, I just like picture and she can cast a ton of useful stuff im combat too), and this kat named jan (his text prompts break me up to no end... how about when he told bloodcap that if he had a decent hairpiece he would've got a better nickname... a riot) but he's not really that good in battle either so he's on the watch list to get "tanked" if I find another npc around that helps me live. (he does get alot of critical hits with that dam thing on his arm)

This g is taken up waaay tooo much of my time... but I'm lovin it
Old 07-07-2005, 09:36 PM   #2
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Well, I have no idea what's going on in the first part of you're post, so I'll answer your question. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

1. Adjatha, I'd take. Mostly because it's something different, and it might have some special property to it that makes it better than the SoC+2. Not sure on that though.
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 09:46 PM   #3
Assassin
Symbol of Cyric

All things being equal, I'd take Adjatha if you have someone with 3 *'s in TWF. If not, then use the Sword of Chaos, assuming you have someone proficent in that. The reason being Adjatha is a one-handed weapon, allowing an extra weapon or shield to be wielded, but without decent TWF, you'll miss more than you hit.

[ 07-07-2005, 09:48 PM: Message edited by: Assassin ]
In The Terminator, Sarah Connor is told a speech by John Connor\'s father that John has given in the future. When John is born, Sarah tells John this speech, and John grows up to tell it in the future. So who wrote the speech?!
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 10:01 PM   #4
Sir Goulum
John Locke

TWF is two weapon form? Why would you miss more than you hit?
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 10:49 PM   #5
Sillara of the Tamari
The Magister

Sword of Chaos is a 2-handed weapon. I would therefore take Adjatha and use a shield. I am very fond of shields.

Importing a character from BGI would not necessarily have saved you from the stuff in the sewers. You have taken on a couple of the more difficult quests in the game.

SPOILERS

There is a shield for sale (assuming you have the bonus merchants) in the Adventurer's Mart which can help you take out the beholders in the sewer. There is also a large number of undead. If Aerie is your only cleric, you might want to switch out for Anomen (in the Copper Coronet). He is a better cleric and might be able to help you with the undead. As for the Planar Prison and the bard--if possible, leave it for later! It's tough. If you're stuck there without a save, well, use your wands, potions, and scrolls. And buff a lot. Cloudkill from inside the fog-of-war whenever you can.

END SPOILERS

Sillara
Can you accept a necromancer? Can you trust a murderer? Can you love [url]\"http://chosenofmystra.net/forums/viewforum.php?f=17\" target=\"_blank\">Tsujatha</a>?<br />If you like Tsujatha, you should read his [url]\"http://www.gilalion.com/novels.htm\" target=\"_blank\">novels</a>.<br />Natha ssin\'urn lu\' dwalc ilythiiri noamuth wund l\' rivven: [url]\"http://chosenofmystra.net/forums/viewforum.php?f=18\" target=\"_blank\">Yasraena</a> zhah ghil!<br />[url]\"http://chosenofmystra.net/forums/viewforum.php?f=16\" target=\"_blank\">Saerileth\'s</a> bounty is as boundless as the sea; the more she gives to you, the more she has, for her love is infinite.
Sillara of the Tamari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 01:44 AM   #6
Pop 'n Fresh
Manshoon

So...

Your in the sewers and you've met up with keldorn and now your "locked " up the only spot i can think of his the gas chamber or that you somehow found some1 that cast imprison.

The only poet i know of is the 1 on top of Maevars guild in the docks district.
I find jan to be to be stronger than aerie but i've placed alot more experience in him then i ever did with Aerie. So it really depends who you picked up first. Jan is also a theif, thats why i prefer him over aerie.

And You receive Sword of Chaos on the first lvl of the game so it cant be expected to be godly.

[ 07-08-2005, 01:45 AM: Message edited by: Pop 'n Fresh ]
[img]\"http://img79.imageshack.us/img79/5936/sbadfurday00037fg.png\" alt=\" - \" /><br />BRING ME SOME SWEETCORN!<br /><br />What do the Enterprise and toilet paper have in common? They both circle Uranus in search of klingons
Pop 'n Fresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 01:48 AM   #7
Sillara of the Tamari
The Magister

(Minor) SPOILER

I think the poet in question is Haer'Dalis. I think he was distracted from Keldorn's Unseeing Eye quest by HD, and now he is stuck in the Planar Prison.

END (Minor) SPOILER

Sillara
Can you accept a necromancer? Can you trust a murderer? Can you love [url]\"http://chosenofmystra.net/forums/viewforum.php?f=17\" target=\"_blank\">Tsujatha</a>?<br />If you like Tsujatha, you should read his [url]\"http://www.gilalion.com/novels.htm\" target=\"_blank\">novels</a>.<br />Natha ssin\'urn lu\' dwalc ilythiiri noamuth wund l\' rivven: [url]\"http://chosenofmystra.net/forums/viewforum.php?f=18\" target=\"_blank\">Yasraena</a> zhah ghil!<br />[url]\"http://chosenofmystra.net/forums/viewforum.php?f=16\" target=\"_blank\">Saerileth\'s</a> bounty is as boundless as the sea; the more she gives to you, the more she has, for her love is infinite.
Sillara of the Tamari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 07:50 AM   #8
rah_pillage
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Sillara of the Tamari:
(Minor) SPOILER

I think the poet in question is Haer'Dalis. I think he was distracted from Keldorn's Unseeing Eye quest by HD, and now he is stuck in the Planar Prison.

END (Minor) SPOILER

Sillara
You read through my speil like a hot knife through butter!

Yep, thats the poet I'm talking about (Haer'Dalis) and it happened exactly like that, and I cant stop dying... lol.

I have a save before I went into the sewers, but its waaaay before and I dont want to go through all that stuff again if I dont have too. Left it alone and got some sleep... now I'm ready to attack it from a fresher perspective.

Thanks to all for the replies
Old 07-08-2005, 07:59 AM   #9
Pop 'n Fresh
Manshoon

Well you dont want to be in the Planar Prison correct??

Well you should have an autosave that is just before you entered the little wormhole thingy and at least tell us how much of Planar prison you've finished and what keeps killing you.
[img]\"http://img79.imageshack.us/img79/5936/sbadfurday00037fg.png\" alt=\" - \" /><br />BRING ME SOME SWEETCORN!<br /><br />What do the Enterprise and toilet paper have in common? They both circle Uranus in search of klingons
Pop 'n Fresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 03:32 AM   #10
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

From Chapter 13 of Volothamp's Comeuppance:
  • The Unseeing Eye quest should be put off until at least Chapter 3. It is very difficult for a young party, and the Pit of the Faithless contains a small section where you cannot turn back—you have to force your way forward to get out.
  • The portal in the playhouse underneath the Five Flagons should also be left until you're in at least Chapter 3. Again, very difficult for a young party. The whole area is no-turning-back: You have to beat the whole quest before you can return to the rest of the game. Also, you can never go there again. And for a final stinger, once the portal appears, you have to go through it, ready or not: If you leave and come back, the portal will have closed, and you will never be able to do that quest. It's safe to go to the playhouse and hear about a quest, but if you go back there after you've completed that quest, it's Portal time.