Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2003, 08:35 PM   #1
spydar

k, now I haven't been playing this game non-stop since I got it but I still get the feeling like I've only just started. and I know there's an expansion I just haven't got it yet but...in comparison to other games is this one really short??? seems that way to me, or maybe I've been playing too much BG2 in between.

and another thing, why is my sorceror only at level 16? I've done all the quests, k maybe I didn't do the snowglobe one properly but it still got done. are there a bunch of extra points you can get between the beginning of chapter 4 and the final battle? or am I screwed?
Old 07-08-2003, 06:33 AM   #2
philip
Galvatron

Did you have a henchman? that could get you less XP points. For ther est I don't know cause I got stuck in chapter 1.
philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2003, 07:30 AM   #3
Stratos
Vampire

I'm still in chapter 1 and just found the second of the four creatures you should find and I'm a paladin(1)/sorcerer(6). I have beaten every enemy I could find, done all quests I could find and I have a henchman. Other than that, since I haven't beaten the game yet, I can't answer if it's short or long but I do know that this far it has been fairly straightforward and no real challenges have presented themselves. Perhaps it's that that gives you the feeling that it's short. You can't charge unprepaired into a room filled with enemies in BG2 and still exept to survive but I have done that pleny of times in NWN and I still lives to see another day. But then again Daelan Red Tiger have been a life saver.
Old 07-08-2003, 07:37 AM   #4
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Spydar,

One thing to remember is that summoned monsters DO count when determining party level for xp purposes. So does a henchman. As a sorceror, you are probably relying on summoned monsters for at least SOME of the combats and that will act as an XP sinkhole. [img]smile.gif[/img]

16th level isn't all that bad for ending the game. From various reports, not everyone has capped out at game's end.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2003, 07:51 PM   #5
shadowolf03
Drow Warrior

how many chapters are there?
Old 07-10-2003, 08:49 PM   #6
Nerull
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by shadowolf03:
Four.
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Nerull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2003, 04:11 AM   #7
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Quote:
Originally posted by Nerull:
quote:
Originally posted by shadowolf03:
Four. [/QUOTE]Too little if you ask me.

When peolple go NWN VS BG2 they always say:
NWN has better graphics
NWN has GREAT Multiplayer

BUT!

BG has great story AND it is BIG and LONG...

Just my opinion...
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 11:49 AM   #8
shadowolf03
Drow Warrior

Yes i agree about BG2 and Throne of Bhaal is the same as well, but in a way some people have complained about the character side qeusts being to...'sidey' and that they'd rather get on with the actual main quest. however when they do so, the characters leave you if their quests are not completed after a period of time...

NWN seems to cure that prob, although i would still like the whole thing in general to be longer, 8even though i'm still to pass Chap 1.
Old 07-15-2003, 08:46 AM   #9
Cristian
Emerald Dragon

i like NWN mostly cus of the Toolset and Multiplayer i never seem to get interested in the single player story...