Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2002, 01:27 AM   #1
Kalak
The Magister

Alright, This is a walkthrough for those having problems. I just completed it and what a pain, but I figured I'd help everyone out and put this in one place since no one else has done it.

SPOILERS
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\\
Ok, Do NOT kill the woman at the entrance, just damage her significantly and she opens dragon eye for you. Enter dragon eye. Head south on the map, loot everything and make sure to get at least 4 wyvern stingers. Head back to entrance then turn east. Follow it around till you come to some swinging blades. Use a thief, sneak past the blades, and go into the big room, use the alt key and look for a switch on the wall. Turn off the blades. Now, go clear out the room your thief is in. It should have a statue of Yxonumei in it. Go back out and south till you see a torture chamber and a door. Have someone with high diplomacy/bluff/etc. try to open the door. Talk to the man, find out how to open it and that it's trapped. I believe it takes a 20 search minimum to find the trap on the door. Either way open the door by turning the eastern most knob of the northern most rack. Kill all the bad guys...if you see a guy casting spells on himself or a troll go talk to him, pick the option that allows you to fight him, and then kill the sucker before he turns himself invisible. Talk to all the prisoners, one is a cleric and will heal you if you tell him to rest. Talk to the named prisoner. He tells you of his friend mandal who was going to brew a histachii potion for him. Now put a fire agate in each of the floor torches in the room with the statue of Yxonumei.

Second level:
Kill Everything, loot everything. Doesn't matter order...trade with the fake Nathaniel before killing him b/c it'll be a long time before you see a merchant. He will also heal you for free. Now, make sure you get the alchemist notes from his lab in the most southwesterly part of the map. Mandal's body is in the most eastern part of the map. Suggest sending only one character down the tunnel the first time you go down b/c of the boulder trap. Run to the end and then move to the side. Ok, go back to the first floor. Talk to the named prisoner and be sure to ask about the feyr, and then go to the third floor...the entrance is in the southeasterly part of the map but not where mandels body is. Go south till you see some swinging blades...you can avoid them by going further south and around which is what I suggest as there is an iron golem to kill. Get mandels sword and go back to his body. Then go back and talk to name prisoner, and then to the armory south from the entrance. There is a river that it doesn't look like you can cross, but you can. Go there, and there is a rockslide. Go down and kill the ancient wyvern, loot, and get the tainted mandrake root. Go back and talk to the named prisoner. Go back to the second level. Sleep. Go to the alchemist lab. Replace mandrake root with the tainted one AND place at least 4 wyvern stingers in the wyvern table which is west of where the mandrake root is, and let the idiot alchemist cycle the machine twice. You may have to tell him that you've killed all his guards. Now, get the potions identify them, switch the mandrake roots again. Go back to the named prisoner on the first floor. Give him the potion, go to second floor where the eggs are. Sleep. Go to alchemist lab, and sleep for two days total minimum maybe more. Talk to the named prisoner.

Third Level:
Alright, kill everything, loot everything. When you see something containing water in it...dump wyvern posoin in it. Now, when you see a room with a statue in the center of a snake eating a human live head down the easterly path...careful there is a trap that spawns lots of mustard jellies which btw do not like the enemy. Another trap goes off that blocks off further progress and says you need a special tool to get past. Just search the ground in the room, and disarm the trap that shows. The walls will collapse. Now loot everything and kill everything again. Find the library north of where you are. Go find the named prisoner, talk to him again and get on the subject of feyrs. Go to library on third floor again, sleep for 3 days. Talk to him, get the tainted histachii brew from him if you need it. Drink it, go through the eye of seth archway...use the alt key, and open the one container. Go back the room with the statue of the snake eating a human...pump yourself up and cross the drawbridge. Kill the efreets. Talk to the human boy at least twice. Or detect alignment or have a paladin talk to him. Wait a sec or two and he transforms. Kill him. Be careful sometimes he runs to the southeast corner of the room and disappears. There is a door there which you can't see, but can go down. After finishing him, go down the hole just mentioned and loot everything (note this is where you get the medallion to get the holy sword in the Hrothgar's glen). Now, IF you've put wyvern poison in all the water sources you can go to the door you couldn't open before just south of the place you entered. Open it and go in.

Welcome to Lava Central:

It's a shock but most things are peaceful here, AND DO NOT PISS THEM OFF! Now, I hope you bought plenty of rope earlier. Go to the east and follow the lava lake around till you get to a bridge. Watch out for spell effects (they do fade in and out so if you don't want to take damage just wait). Once at the bridge you can strengthen it IF you have the engineering manual and spare rope. Either way walk on it, you'll fall through or cross, either way head to the west of the lava lake and go talk to the archon. I'm not sure about this BUT I think if you have a character with 18 intelligence you can ride for free everytime...just select we already paid double last time...Anyway, ask to go to the realm of the high muckety-muck. Talk to the ambassodor there. Ask the archon to take you to the embassy, loot. Ask the archon to take you to the plains of slaughter exit. Kill the beholder (this might be easier from the 'upper levels' since that's where the beholder is. Go through the plains of slaughter exit (ta-da your in a time loop). You've backed up one day (as a side note if you need to rest go back to level 3 of dragon's eye and you'll be temporarily out of the time warp and can pick back up where you left off). Now, go to archon and go to embassy, talk to the ambassador, then go to high muckety-muck and try to talk to one of them. Watch cutscene. Go back to embassy, talk to ambassador, head north. Watch cutscene of King Lothar's hissy fit. Wait around and some bad guys teleport in. Go around and kill them all on the different islands. Go the plains of slaughter exit, and ta-da your one more day in the past. Go to embassy and talk to ambassador. Go to high muckety-muck and offer him an antidote, do it for free and get some cool arrows (ahhhh! ain't he just a sweet guy Now, go to the ampitheater talk to one of the flaming men and ask about everything you can and watch the play. Wake up and go to watchtower or citadel and talk to King Lothar. Kill King Lothar and all his thugs when they attack (actually optional but fun). Then go to plains of slaughter exit and walk through. Ta-da one day earlier...talk to archon and ask to go to the place that's a mephits nest with a chest on it. Hope you clicked on it and tried to get to it on an earlier day. Then watch the cutscene...disarm the trap on the chest, and then loot. Go to the plains of slaughter exit and walk through. Ta-da one day earlier...hope your rested up. CAST MASS HASTE IMMEDIETLY after walking through as the timer starts as soon as you enter the level. RUN all the way around the lava lake. Have the archon take you to the embassy. KILL THE WOMAN...Power word: Silence, Power Word: Stun, Finger of Death, Disentegrate, and someone shooting arrows should take care of her in short order. But don't stop trying to kill her till she is dead. Don't give her a round to do anything either as you'll be VERY short on time. Once she's dead kill everything else QUICKLY and loot quickly, have the archon take you to the plains of slaughter exit and leave. You MUST be quick as the place starts to erupt.

And that's dragon's eye, what a pain!
Old 09-17-2002, 02:02 PM   #2
Magness
Quintesson

And a serious suggestion for prior to entering the 4th level for the final time.

SAVE the game prior to entering the 4th level to stop the priestess. Even if you appear to do every thing correctly, you still may not stop her. It happened to me twice.

Then I remembered something from that 2nd failed attempt. There's a Remmorahz that's up close and personal when you arrive to stop the priestess and is a general pain. I moved my wizard into the #2 slot in my party of 6 before boarding the boat to the embassy. When I arrived, my wizard wasn't blocked in and was able to run up to the priestess to engage in some major arcane combat. And THEN the Remorrahz chased my wizard! This freed my the remainder of my party to throw the kitchen sink at the priestess w/o having that darned Remorrahz.

OH, like Kalak says MASS HASTE just after arriving in lava land the final time, AND go to the right (east). If you try to go left, a landslide will block you and you'll have to turn around and go the otherway and you'll run out of time.
Magness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2002, 04:47 PM   #3
Red Dust
Elite Waterdeep Guard

do u know Otiluke's Resilient Sphere
it is easy to finish the task if u cast this spell on her
then she will be freezed[i keep casting on her untill the 4th casting successed, eventually, i know that she does not immnue to this spell]

this purple sphere stop her action and i have many time to kill the monster
Red Dust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2002, 11:22 PM   #4
Kalak
The Magister

*pop*

I know it's difficult, but get tired of seeing questions about it.
Old 10-02-2002, 06:52 PM   #5
john
Drizzt Do'Urden

just wanted to get this up front everyone seems to be stuck in this hell hole
Old 10-02-2002, 11:20 PM   #6
Kalak
The Magister

heh...i still hate that chapter.