Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-25-2001, 11:17 PM   #11
Jafin
Symbol of Cyric

Another idea I just got regarding the special roles, although someone else has probably thought of it. Why not got through the game twice and get 2 Valkyries, 2 Assassins, and 2 Zenmasters? Now go through the game with that party and see how fast you can demolish it. You could also make it so the characters that become the special roles are level 1 and are created specifically for gaining those roles for the third playthrough. It might be a little difficult for the Valkyrie but the others wouldn't be too difficult, all you'd have to do is take them from Valeia to Brimloch Roon. Just use your powerful characters to get them there. Have fun with this one too if you want.

-Jafin
Jafin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2001, 01:58 AM   #12
Knarfling
Drow Warrior

My current game is 1 Valkyrie, 1 Zen Master, and 1 Assissin all starting at 1st level. It was difficult but I managed it. I found out that if you start out as an assassin and take the Assassin's dagger to the Pawn Shop, you are offered a choice of becomming an assissin again. Right now he is a 4th level Assassin after being a 9th level assassin.

I think it is kind of funny.

Bartol: Hey! you have an Assassin's Dagger! I can train you to be an assassin.
Knarf: That is because I AM an assassin.
Bartol: Why don't you give it a try? Forsake your current class and become an assassin.
Knarf: I am ALREADY an assassin.
Bartol: Think of the benefits you will gain.
Knarf: Let me get this strait. You want me to give up being an assassin so that I can become an assassin?
Bartol: Yep. Wouldn't you like to be an assassin?
Knarf: How many times do I have to tell you, I am ALREADY an assassin.
Bartol: You would be giving up a great opportunity.
Knarf: I almost wish I hadn't promised not to kill shop keepers.
Bartol: If you don't want to be an assassin, I can't offer this again. And I can't give you any assassin quests.
Knarf: So I have to go back to a level one assassin just to keep getting assassin quests?? What is going on??
Bartol: It is a new weapon we are trying out. It is called "red-tape" and I hear that it has destroyed many lives in another world.
Knarf: Okay, okay. Make me a level one assassin before I get mad and decide to kill shop keepers anyway.
Bartol: Excellent choice!! You are now a level one assassin. Isn't it great?
Knarf: Can I borrow this "red-tape" weapon and use it on Cet? Even if I can't find the Mavin, surely he cannot stand up to "red-tape."

Knarfling
Knarfling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2001, 11:53 AM   #13
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Knarfling - LOL!!!!!!!

That is SOOOO excellent!!

Can I hire your assassin to take out Sebastio, PLEASE!!!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2001, 12:01 PM   #14
Ryanamur
Fzoul Chembryl

Yep, that was a good one... glad you decided to remain, ahem become an assassin.

Typos, I just love them !

[This message has been edited by Ryanamur (edited 05-26-2001).]
Ryanamur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2001, 02:45 PM   #15
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

ROFL Knarfling! Why didn't you just keep the dagger, though? It's a fantastic weapon!

-Saz
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2001, 08:40 PM   #16
Tananda
Elminster

Knarfling,
LOL!!! I imagine this dialog!
Oh my, that was a real fun

------------------
Sincerely Yours,
Tanda
Tananda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2001, 01:19 AM   #17
Knarfling
Drow Warrior

Saz - I did keep the dagger. I have not yet found the dagger in this game. I switched to an assassin in the last game and held onto the dagger. I then blessed it up quite a bit and hung on to it. I happened to be carrying it when I first went to the pawn shop to get the Serpin Coins quest. That is when I was asked if I wanted to be an assassin. During the above conversation, I slipped the Assassins dagger to my Zen Master friend and accepted the change. The trouble is that if I had said no, he would not have asked me again, but I would not have gotten any points for killing Grue Morde the second time in this game. Now he can carry the blessed up Assassins dagger and never have to worry about being asked again.

I have not yet figured out whether I will get the dagger from this game or not. Having two assassin's daggers might be nice, but I can only use one at a time and the one I have is blessed up quite nicely.

Knarfling
Knarfling is offline   Reply With Quote