Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2002, 03:27 PM   #1
Shadow101
Dungeon Master

I need a kill cheat for desther cause I've been attacking him for ages and he's still only barely injured. I've beaten him with ease in the past using other characters so I know it shouldnt be taking this long

[ 08-01-2002, 03:28 PM: Message edited by: Shadow101 ]
Shadow101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2002, 03:30 PM   #2
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Shadow101:
I need a kill cheat for desther cause I've been attacking him for ages and he's still only barely injured. I've beaten him with ease in the past using other characters so I know it shouldnt be taking this long
Spoiler
It takes some time to beat him. He has barkskin or some other immunity up. You either have to whittle it away or remove the magic in some fashion. Eventually, he will get weak and surrender. You do not want to kill him as this may unbalance the game.
Old 08-01-2002, 03:33 PM   #3
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I am unaware of the existance of a "kill command"...but now that you mention it...since this game is by Bioware, and on BG and IWD, CTRL+Y would knock the socks off of anything, I am left to ponder whether something like that would work.

Be careful though, it could crash your game!
I am only speaking in speculation.
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2002, 03:52 PM   #4
Morgan_Corbesant
Symbol of Cyric

SPOILER
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
i found that in order to defeat desther easier, go into his room and destroy the zombies forming the pentagram. this weakens him, and he is then vulnerable. at least, thats how I did it.
Morgan Corbesant, Elven BladeSinger, Captain of the army of the Seldarine<br /><br /> [img]\"http://www.rleeermey.com/images/linkbanners/usmcredwhiteblue.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />Protector of Elves<br />Slayer of Orcs<br /><br />ALL YOUR BASE, ARE BELONG TO US!!!<br />I DON\'T FIGHT FOR HONOR, I FIGHT TO WIN!<br />\"One who is a samurai must before all things keep constantly in mind, by day and by night...the fact that he has to die\". <br />-Daidoji Yuzan-<br />16th Century
Morgan_Corbesant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2002, 04:07 PM   #5
Shadow101
Dungeon Master

yes I know he takes awhile and that killing the zombies damages him but I've done that already. He's supposed to take abit but I've had to run and rest 10 times and still barely injured! surely a bug...how would I get the cheat to work? just ctrl +y?
Old 08-01-2002, 04:37 PM   #6
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

No, I was only saying that the entire Baulders Gate Series and the IWD series uses "CTRL+Y" to quickly kill off anything under the pointer, but that has to be enabled when you type in the correct code in the program files of the game.

I have never heard of such a thing in NWN, but I am hoping that it would be that simple. I apologize for leading you in the wrong direction, and again I say...you might crash you game if you tamper with unproven ideas from a fool like me!

I might try some stuff tonight and see what happens. If I find a "quick-kill" command, I'll let you know.
Old 08-01-2002, 06:45 PM   #7
Shadow101
Dungeon Master

ah nm, I left it for abit and when I tried again he gave in as soon as I loaded
Old 08-03-2002, 12:05 AM   #8
perk31
Manshoon

Just for the sake of a cheat you can always use god mode which is dm_god. You have to set DebugMode 1 from the console first.
Old 08-03-2002, 01:13 AM   #9
if6was9
Welcomed New User

Shadow101 -

MINOR SPOILER

Even after he surrenders he has over 900 hit points. He never gets below barely injured. You may be one hit away from him giving up and not realize it. The first time I fought him was as a ranger with Linu and an animal companion; that was an easy fight. I just did it again as a wizard without Linu and it was much much tougher. Spent a lot of time running away. [img]smile.gif[/img]
if6was9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2002, 05:56 AM   #10
Glorfindel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Welcome to IW if6was9 [img]graemlins/wavey.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote