Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2002, 10:01 PM   #1
basejump77
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I am Kresssileck what ever you call him anyways I am in his tomb and have opened the main gate into the room with the two glowing pools and I have tried to open the main north gate and it says it cannot be opened blah blah blah, and so I have gone to the two lower rooms. The problem I am having is the room directly east of the green pools I click on it with my thief abilities and it doesn't do anything, then I just regularyly click on it and it says its locked? Any ideas?
basejump77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2002, 10:23 PM   #2
Cyril Darkcloud
Lord Soth

SPOILER
A number of the doors in this tomb require special keys to open them. In one of the previous tombs you should have found a key named 'Sanctum Key'. This key will open one of the sets of doors. Searching this newly opened area will give you the key to open another area and so forth.
Old 11-22-2002, 10:52 PM   #3
basejump77
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I have the sanctum key and the gate key and have gone every where looking for another key. My biggest concern is why can't I open the door directly east of the room with the glowing pools in it? Do I need a patch? I have dl the patch and then uploaded it to my sytem and have gone into to check the properties and it still says I have a measly 1.03 version, does that mean my patch didn't go through. Last question what do I need to do to get the large north door in the room with the glowing pools to get it open?
Old 11-22-2002, 11:04 PM   #4
basejump77
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I have to totally laugh at myself. I had to find the Priests key duh...Found it and am on my way to kill whatever jumps in front of me.
Old 11-23-2002, 12:40 AM   #5
Cyril Darkcloud
Lord Soth

The version number you've given 1.03 is that of the unpatched version of IWD without the expansion HOW installed. The most recent patch for your version of the game is v 1.06.

It sounds like the patch did not install properly. You might want to try running the installer for the patch again.
Old 11-23-2002, 07:22 AM   #6
Peytin of Rothmire
Manshoon

Basejump: definately follow Cyril's links and get the patch or rerun if you still have it.

Also see Noblenick's post "Unable to open..." on 10/25/02 for more info related to the Vale/keys/items needed, etc.

Best of luck.
Peytin of Rothmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2002, 08:18 PM   #7
basejump77
Elite Waterdeep Guard

OKAY!!
I am so frustrated with this patch problem, I searched and found Cyril Darkclouds post on IWD patches and I went to the first one that is for IWD with out the HOW with it. My Version is 1.03 version. So I went DL it and then unziped it and have it on my computer and then went and installed it in the same folder as the original game as it asks and I go back and check my Properties on original game and it still reads Ver. 1.03. What am I doing wrong? Is there a certain folder in the IWD folder that I need to install it into or something? Please help!!