Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2001, 09:01 AM   #51
Shadowstrider
Manshoon

TeamBG has been under fire(most of which was brought upon itself). So Ken has increased forum security ALOT.
Old 05-18-2001, 10:36 AM   #52
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Melusine, they are tooooo funny.

Why does a synthesiser jump up and down on stage?

A. To be noticed.....

also

How can you tell when a synth player is knocking at your door?

A. You think you hear something, but you're not quite sure....

------------------
I am the walrus!.... er, no hang on....

A fair dinkum laughing Hyena!
Old 05-18-2001, 11:08 AM   #53
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Father Bronze:
And if I recall correctly from my brief venture at the TeamBG site, Lady Nightshade and Ken seem to think Ziroc hates her work. We (Stealthy and I) didn't believe it, but I don't know if they've changed their opinions.

TeamBG also has tighter security. You can't browse their boards as a guest. The only way you can see what they are discussing is if you are a registered member. You need to register first, by e-mailing all of your information to Ken. Then he decides if you are really interested in TeamBG things or if you are just a trouble-maker looking to flood the site with flaming. I would hate for Ziroc to have to get to that point to keep others from harrassing this site.

After finding out a bit more about what's been happening with TeamBG and LN (eg hacker attacks, the whole portrait saga, LOTS of anti TeamBG sentiment at PBG) I can understand why Ken and LN would be paranoid about things. This board is free of all of that stress and angst, I can't imagine having to put up with hacker attacks, flames, etc. on a day to day basis.

Fr Bronze, Ziroc's advised that all is well between TeamBG and Ironworks, that's all been settled, whatever it was, so let's not raise that particular dead issue, eh?

------------------
Old 05-18-2001, 01:48 PM   #54
BladeMaster

I wasn't getting touchy Memnoch. I loved LN site and wanted to get the portraits I missed on getting before the site was shut down. I have maybe 30 portraits of hers.

------------------

Old 05-18-2001, 01:50 PM   #55
Father Bronze
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
Fr Bronze, Ziroc's advised that all is well between TeamBG and Ironworks, that's all been settled, whatever it was, so let's not raise that particular dead issue, eh?
No problem -- went back and edited. Sorry.

[This message has been edited by Father Bronze (edited 05-18-2001).]
Old 05-18-2001, 01:50 PM   #56
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by BladeMaster:
I wasn't getting touchy Memnoch. I loved LN site and wanted to get the portraits I missed on getting before the site was shut down. I have maybe 30 portraits of hers.

You were getting touchy. I saw you! I read!
Here, watch......

(jab)

------------------
I am the walrus!.... er, no hang on....

A fair dinkum laughing Hyena!
Old 05-24-2001, 09:39 PM   #57
KenTeamBG

Quote:
Originally posted by Shadowstrider:
TeamBG has been under fire(most of which was brought upon itself). So Ken has increased forum security ALOT.
"most of which was brought upon itself"??? How do you figure this Shadowstrider old bud?

As for LN's site...its back. Go to TeamBG.com for details. You will also soon see another portrait site make a come back too!

Also, it has come to my attention that Ironworks *still* as a derogatory statement implying LN's site. Again I ask that this be removed as Ziroc had claimed it was removed long ago, yet I can still plainly read that "Many sites may have 1000's of portraits, and that's cool, but I prefer quality over quantity."

Implying LN's site (the ONLY one with 1000's of portraits) has low quality. If Ziroc and you people like LN's site like you claim, then put your money where your mouth is.

Also, it has come to my attention that one of LN's frieds posted in Ziroc's guestbook stating a rebuttal of that statement I quoted above and somehow his guestbook entry got edited (and only the owner can edit them) to say LN's sucked and Ironworks was better or something.

Let's fix up all of the loose ends here...and if people REALLY liked LN's site, let's not leave things like this. Okay?

Now...LN is a nice person. Her and I are simply great targets for troublemakers. If you need any more info...ask me. I am here (though I cannot promise how much I'll be here as I have a lot to do already).

------------------

http://www.teambg.org/
http://www.teambg.com/

[This message has been edited by KenTeamBG (edited 05-24-2001).]

Old 05-24-2001, 09:50 PM   #58
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by KenTeamBG:
"most of which was brought upon itself"??? How do you figure this Shadowstrider old bud?

As for LN's site...its back. Go to TeamBG.com for details. You will also soon see another portrait site make a come back too!

Also, it has come to my attention that Ironworks *still* as a derogatory statement implying LN's site. Again I ask that this be removed as Ziroc had claimed it was removed long ago, yet I can still plainly read that "Many sites may have 1000's of portraits, and that's cool, but I prefer quality over quantity."

Implying LN's site (the OPNLY one with 1000's of portraits) has low quality. If Ziroc and you people like LN's site like you claim, then put your money where your mouth is.

Also, it has come to my attention that one of LN's frieds posted in Ziroc's guestbook stating a rebuttal of that statement I quoted above and somehow his guestbook entry got edited (and only the owner can edit them) to say LN's sucked and Ironworks was better or something.

Let's fix up all of the loose ends here...and if people REALLY liked LN's site, let's not leave things like this. Okay?

Now...LN is a nice person. Her and I are simply great targets for troublemakers. If you need any more info...ask me. I am here (though I cannot promise how much I'll be here as I have a lot to do already).

Hey sorry i dont know the whole story but from what ive heard many people are angry at whoever did do the harrasing of LS and were upset when she closed her site. It was known as prob the best site around for portraits and was missed by all. LS site had both quantity and quality

------------------

"I was born of darkness. My fathers eyes closed before mine opened. I am not of this world or the other, and I have the right to be what I am..."
Old 05-24-2001, 09:54 PM   #59
KenTeamBG

Quote:
Originally posted by AzureWolf:
Hey sorry i dont know the whole story but from what ive heard many people are angry at whoever did do the harrasing of LS and were upset when she closed her site. It was known as prob the best site around for portraits and was missed by all. LS site had both quantity and quality

Thank you.

And as I said...its not gone anymore. Goto TeamBG.com to see.

{this forum seems to have probs with URL's in sigs.}
------------------
http://www.teambg.com/
http://www.teambg.org/

[This message has been edited by KenTeamBG (edited 05-24-2001).]

Old 05-24-2001, 10:01 PM   #60
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Ken,

It's good to see you here. Welcome to Ironworks. TeamBG is very well respected here as are yourself and Lady Nightshade. Your MODs, editors and custom portraits and other stuff have bailed many of us out, especially on the BG2 side. I've sent a lot of people to your site to pick up IEEP and the other downloads. There are a few TeamBG posters who post here too.

That’s excellent news about LN’s site getting back up, it’s about time! Most of us, Ziroc included, were very upset at what happened to LN at PBG and also what is happening at Gamers Allegiance now. It’s a total joke IMHO by a couple of nutters who seem to have their mission in life to make life hell for other people – and this is a hobby for most of us! I don’t know what you mean by the guestbook thing, but maybe that’s just because personally I’ve never posted in the guestbook. I DID check the guestbook after you mentioned this and all I saw were a bunch of flames from people flaming Ziroc and Ironworks, none of whom I recognize as regular posters here (or having ever posted here). I hope this wasn’t a reaction to whatever was there originally, flames don’t resolve anything IMHO.

If that one statement in the portrait section is so upsetting, I can’t see any reason why it can’t be changed to something that suits everyone. I certainly don’t think it’s targetted at Lady Nightshade, but that’s just my opinion. I’m sure Ziroc didn’t mean any harm with it. He’s been a bit busy in the last few weeks, being just married and all.

On a final note – is the Trophy minimod finished?

------------------