Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-16-2004, 04:04 PM   #31
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

No maximum is +7. Now if you were a F/T you would engage Critical Strike and then backstabb that would be more then +7. +14 I think. (Becuase it is x2 from Critical Strike) [img]smile.gif[/img]
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 04:39 PM   #32
Assassin
Symbol of Cyric

You can get, IIRC, the x8 if you have Rogue Rebalancing installed.

I would strongly suggest you dual-class into a Fighter, especially if you have no party backup, being a solo character.

Backstab increases every 3 levels, yes.

I'm finding now that the two weapons that I'm using are the Tuigan Bow +1 and the Tansheron Bow. I used 3 traps on Ihtafeer (not too cheesy; they were in the shadows, and I had a job trying to get her to move her but) and just ran past the worst Trolls. Tuigan for the high AC enemies to poison-lock them. Tansheron's for the low AC enemies that I'm having trouble hitting.

In any case, would anyone be interested in reading a very slowly paced adventure of an Assassin dual'ed to a Mage? I might be inspired to write it, but everyone and their brother has solo'ed a Mage before, and it might be kind of boring. And when I mean slowly paced, I mean really slowly paced. I don't exactly have a lot of time, and aren't as good with BG2 as some people, so I finish slower.

By the way Lord, do you have the no-experience cap installed?

[ 02-16-2004, 04:41 PM: Message edited by: Assassin ]
In The Terminator, Sarah Connor is told a speech by John Connor\'s father that John has given in the future. When John is born, Sarah tells John this speech, and John grows up to tell it in the future. So who wrote the speech?!
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 05:08 PM   #33
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Assassin:
You can get, IIRC, the x8 if you have Rogue Rebalancing installed.

I would strongly suggest you dual-class into a Fighter, especially if you have no party backup, being a solo character.

Backstab increases every 3 levels, yes.

I'm finding now that the two weapons that I'm using are the Tuigan Bow +1 and the Tansheron Bow. I used 3 traps on Ihtafeer (not too cheesy; they were in the shadows, and I had a job trying to get her to move her but) and just ran past the worst Trolls. Tuigan for the high AC enemies to poison-lock them. Tansheron's for the low AC enemies that I'm having trouble hitting.

In any case, would anyone be interested in reading a very slowly paced adventure of an Assassin dual'ed to a Mage? I might be inspired to write it, but everyone and their brother has solo'ed a Mage before, and it might be kind of boring. And when I mean slowly paced, I mean really slowly paced. I don't exactly have a lot of time, and aren't as good with BG2 as some people, so I finish slower.

By the way Lord, do you have the no-experience cap installed?
No, I have the Level 50 mod installed (or is it 50/50 or 50/50/50? ).
I think I'll be dualing to a fighter, but probably at lvl 33. That way, I can get 1 of every single thief HLA. Thief hits 3M xp at lvl 24, and there are 10 HLAs, so I'm going straight to lvl 33 for all 10. That's a little over 5 million xp, but that can easily be achieved around the time that I enter the Underdark. Sounds like a good idea?

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 05:52 PM   #34
Assassin
Symbol of Cyric

Well, I'm going for level 19 Assassin, then dualling straight for a Mage (sacrificed Move Silently and Hide in Shadows because of Invisiblity Rings/the spell. Got 80 in Find/Remove Locks. Going for 90 or so in both Set Snares/Detect Illusions). I'm just not sure of what level a Mage can get if it's already a level 19 Assasin under the ToB cap. If it's a decent level, then I might uninstall the thing. If it isn't, then I'm keeping it, but just refusing to level up after level 31.

How far are you in your adventure?
In The Terminator, Sarah Connor is told a speech by John Connor\'s father that John has given in the future. When John is born, Sarah tells John this speech, and John grows up to tell it in the future. So who wrote the speech?!
Old 02-16-2004, 06:04 PM   #35
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Assassin dualed to Mage at level 19 will result in a max lvl of 25. That leaves you with 3 lvl 9 spells and 8 HLAs. There are only 6 HLAs though, so you can get all of those. But there's also the extra level 6 and level 7 spells, so you can get those too. So you can get a good deal.

I've only come out of Irenicus's Chateau since I haven't actually started playing. All I did was complete that dungeon yesterday and then leave. At a meager lvl 11 Assassin .

[ 02-16-2004, 06:04 PM: Message edited by: Lord ]

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 07:09 PM   #36
Assassin
Symbol of Cyric

[img]redface.gif[/img] You did Improved Ilyich? I almost tried it out, but realized that I had DBG, and skipped it. =/