Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-18-2004, 02:31 PM   #21
Rataxes
Symbol of Cyric

Alrighty then, new entry coming up.

<font color="green">"In ancient times, hundreds of years before the dawn of history, an ancient race of people... the Druids. No one knows who they were or what they were doing..."</font>
Old 03-18-2004, 09:40 PM   #22
VulcanRider
Lord Soth

Quote:
Originally posted by Barry the Sprout:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by VulcanRider:

<font color=yellow>
Would a spy pee himself?
</font>
Thats Bill "Game over Man!" Paxton in True Lies. </font>[/QUOTE]Yes it is...

-----
Help feed animals in shelters with just a mouse click at The Animal Rescue Site !!
VulcanRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 07:13 AM   #23
Barry the Sprout
White Dragon

Okay then, the next one from me:

"You're the mechanic! I mostly just hurt people!"

I think thats how it goes anyway.
[img]\"http://img1.ranchoweb.com/images/sproutman/certwist.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br /><i>\"And the angels all pallid and wan,<br />Uprising, unveiling, affirm,<br />That the play is the tragedy, man,<br />And its hero the Conquerer Worm.\"</i><br /> - Edgar Allan Poe
Barry the Sprout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 09:52 AM   #24
Barry the Sprout
White Dragon

Okay then, clues... the actor in my first quote ("Thats a hell of a grave, I wish it were mine.") is Gene Hackman, and the actor in my second quote ("You're the mechanic! I mostly just hurt people!") is Ron Perlman. Anyone want to guess some more?
[img]\"http://img1.ranchoweb.com/images/sproutman/certwist.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br /><i>\"And the angels all pallid and wan,<br />Uprising, unveiling, affirm,<br />That the play is the tragedy, man,<br />And its hero the Conquerer Worm.\"</i><br /> - Edgar Allan Poe
Old 03-23-2004, 01:02 PM   #25
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Barry the Sprout:
Okay then, clues... the actor in my first quote ("Thats a hell of a grave, I wish it were mine.") is Gene Hackman, and the actor in my second quote ("You're the mechanic! I mostly just hurt people!") is Ron Perlman. Anyone want to guess some more?
<font color=deepskyblue>I like Gene Hackman a lot, but I can't place the quote. The only guess I can make is the movie where is the town boss and bully and Sharon Stone comes to the annual gunfight tournament to kill him (also stars Russell Crowe and Leanordo De Caprio, but right now I can't even think of the name of the movie [img]graemlins/blush.gif[/img] ). But now that I think about it, I believe Hackman makes some kinda comment like that to Russell Crowe's character. Dunno for sure, been quite a while since I saw the movie.

I'm not really sure about the Ron Perlman quote either, but it sounds like something from <font color=white>Blade II</font>.</font>
Old 03-23-2004, 04:10 PM   #26
Link
Jack Burton

That's "The Quick and the Dead", Cerek
Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 11:35 AM   #27
Barry the Sprout
White Dragon

I'm afraid Cerek that neither of those are correct! Although the Ron Perlman character is pretty much identical in Blade 2 and the film in question (is it just me or does he play the same character quite a lot?).

To give further clues, Gene Hackman is part of an ensemble cast and is the title character of the film (sort of anyway). And Ron Perlman is starring in the fourth film of a particularly lucrative franchise, for which the fifth film is currently being produced I believe. To give you the name of the star would really give it away as they have become completely synonymous with the franchise in question, but some of the other actors involved are Brad Dourif, Dan Hedaya, and Winona Ryder (horribly mis-cast I might add).
Old 03-24-2004, 05:11 PM   #28
Link
Jack Burton

Alien Resurrection?
Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 08:46 PM   #29
Barry the Sprout
White Dragon

Yep. We got there in the end! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 03-25-2004, 02:36 AM   #30
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Well, these quotes have pretty much passed their expiration dates, but it would be unfair to dismiss them all without at least giving clues for them.

<font color=red> “Oh, look....what is it....it’s a TOASTER!!!”</font>
Hint: Christmas movie.

<font color=orange>A: “Do you have a silk nightgown with rosebuds on it?”
B: “I’m afraid you’ll have to rough it tonight—-in these.”
A: “Pajamas!”
B: “Sorry, honey, but I haven’t worn a nightgown in years.”</font>
Hint: Audrey Hepburn.

<font color=blue>“One more season and Cal Ripken is KING! Two thousand, one hundred an’ thirty games! But I won’t be there to see it! ‘Cause I’ll be in the woods!”</font>
Hint: Three potty-mouths in a thicket.

<font color=purple>“Now THAT’S an esophagus!”</font>
Hint: This line is only spoken in the dubbed version. (Sorry.)