Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2003, 11:00 AM   #21
Assassin
Symbol of Cyric

Nearly immortal after you get all of those goodies. You gotta get them first. On Insane, with everything installed, in a No-Reloads game, it's far from assured.
In The Terminator, Sarah Connor is told a speech by John Connor\'s father that John has given in the future. When John is born, Sarah tells John this speech, and John grows up to tell it in the future. So who wrote the speech?!
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2003, 11:16 AM   #22
Pyrenk
Symbol of Cyric

True, but once you get them, the game's difficulty goes past Easy [img]smile.gif[/img] Assembling Crom will be a challenge...a dragon, Mind Flayers, Demon Knights...bah.

I've killed everyone but Karamazov with my Barb. It's my 6th game with him -.- I hate starting over, lol.
Old 08-29-2003, 11:58 AM   #23
Pyrenk
Symbol of Cyric

Argh! She killed my Barb again...

Starting over as a Sorcerer, lol.

ADD] It seems that this battle is more about luck than tactics Sometimes the Neophyte and Golem are in the library alone, sometimes the whole group is there, sometimes Zhivago is alone, etc. Invisibility is a good way to draw the Neophyte out, but if Zhivago casts True Sight, everyone attacks you [img]smile.gif[/img]

ADD2] I'm going to switch from Barb to Sorc until I get one right [img]smile.gif[/img] Replaying the same class twice in a row is boring, anyway.

[ 08-29-2003, 12:05 PM: Message edited by: Pyrenk ]
Old 08-29-2003, 01:16 PM   #24
teardropmina
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:
Originally posted by Pyrenk:
ADD] It seems that this battle is more about luck than tactics
this is the beauty of the game I think...it's about "chance" -- certain tactics may work IF you first meet the enemies in certain way. so sometimes, "chance" may make the game easier and sometimes harder.

btw, Pyrenk, did you solo through tactics/insane in the past? if not, shouldn't you go through as normal = reload first and then try the no reloads?
Old 08-31-2003, 12:24 PM   #25
Pyrenk
Symbol of Cyric

That's what I said. However, I'm always up for a challenge...and nobody tells me to have a back-bone

I've decided to start in BGI, so that I can obtain the tomes. Character-F/M/T. I want to play with the Soultaker, anyway [img]smile.gif[/img] As I said, I'll keep you updated once I reach SoA.
Old 09-02-2003, 07:17 AM   #26
Leslie
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
That's what I said. However, I'm always up for a challenge...and nobody tells me to have a back-bone

I've decided to start in BGI, so that I can obtain the tomes. Character-F/M/T. I want to play with the Soultaker, anyway [img]smile.gif[/img] As I said, I'll keep you updated once I reach SoA.
From my experience with BG1 that will be in december.
Old 09-02-2003, 07:47 AM   #27
teardropmina
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:

are you soloing this F/M/T as well this time around???? that'll be a quite a low level F/M/T unless you use cap remover (yet, even you use the remover for BG1, the XP will be adjusted back to normal XP limit in the beginning of SoA).
Old 09-02-2003, 08:52 AM   #28
Pyrenk
Symbol of Cyric

No cap remover for BGI...possibly for BGII, though.
Old 09-02-2003, 12:28 PM   #29
Pyrenk
Symbol of Cyric

I've changed my mind yet again. Stats of 19/19/19/19/18/16 would be too godly...I'm keeping my original stats, and starting in SoA. I'll start posting about my Illy battle in a few minutes...and how I die >.<

Ratty's walkthrough helps a lot, though

ADD] You will have to wait until Saturday for my game. School tomorrow...must prepare -.-

[ 09-02-2003, 01:27 PM: Message edited by: Pyrenk ]
Old 09-02-2003, 05:42 PM   #30
Zuvio
Gold Dragon

Pyrenk, you can't get natural 19's in all those stats simultaneously. You might as well SK in the cloak of unpatched cheese and the SotM... Keep it real, the rewards are all the better.