Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2002, 07:13 AM   #21
Donut
Jack Burton

I agree with the others here (sorry Cloudy). The iron is the one constant in my life. Family and friends can come and go but the iron is always there for me.

Every Sunday night I turn to the iron and ask 'wanna work out?' Then I start, first the front, then the back, then the sleeves and finally the collar. Seven shirts to last the week.

I only ever had one argument with the iron and that was when some idiot phoned me while I was ironing. My ear was very badly burnt. But MAN, that iron was HOT!!!!
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 05-13-2002, 08:23 AM   #22
Lifetime
Red Dragon

Mentors? If theres a person thats taught me more about life than anyone else..I'd say it'd be God. If you're looking at a more human figure, it would be my father.
In the end though, learning comes only from within. Nobody can force another person to learn.. so I guess I'd have to take credit for that too [img]smile.gif[/img]

I dont do weights but I do something close to it: I swim. I swim for sport, I swim for pleasure, I swim for the school, but most of all I swim for myself. I went in, and convinced myself that nobody could call me weak for not trying my best. I ended up going for swimming training every day to push myself even further knowing that it only gets better. Sorta changed my perspective on things like studying..because no matter how I do, nobody can say I didnt try [img]smile.gif[/img]
So that would be a mentor as well, if you look at it that way.
Old 05-13-2002, 08:27 AM   #23
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Hmm, been much of a lonewolf, trying to get by on my own. I have had supporting parents though that has always helped me if I have need of it, but I have made my own way pretty much. My misstakes and nobody elses.

So no mentor in my life.

Don´t eat the yellow snow
Old 05-13-2002, 08:53 AM   #24
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

God, with nature second.

http://www.hughwilson.com
Old 05-13-2002, 08:59 AM   #25
Melusine
Dracolisk

ROTFLMAO @ Donut.... Gods... don't you ever run out of inspiration?

And Lavindathar, the way you phrase your opinion is just as definitive/authoritative as Cloudy's: "the best place for your problems, is with you (or an inanimate object such as "the iron"). Not burderning anyone else."
You are comdemning those who "burden others with their problems" just as much as Cloudy feels sorry for those who can't ever connect to others.
Old 05-13-2002, 09:16 AM   #26
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
ROTFLMAO @ Donut.... Gods... don't you ever run out of inspiration?

With the material I'm given here Mel. I think not!
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 05-13-2002, 09:28 AM   #27
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Donut:
I agree with the others here (sorry Cloudy). The iron is the one constant in my life. Family and friends can come and go but the iron is always there for me.

Every Sunday night I turn to the iron and ask 'wanna work out?' Then I start, first the front, then the back, then the sleeves and finally the collar. Seven shirts to last the week.

I only ever had one argument with the iron and that was when some idiot phoned me while I was ironing. My ear was very badly burnt. But MAN, that iron was HOT!!!!
Oh what the heck, MARRY ME, DONUT! [img]graemlins/laugh2.gif[/img]

You are truly scaring me, my delightful brekkie dish... that theme hit my warped little mind on impact with the word 'iron'. *giggle*

Sigh.. you simply must marry me now, you know. We think along the same lines....and you... do IRONING! [img]graemlins/wow.gif[/img]

PermanentPressCloud
Old 05-13-2002, 12:32 PM   #28
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
God, with nature second.
yorick, with all respect, how can you learn from someone or something you've never even met ?
Old 05-13-2002, 12:38 PM   #29
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by SomeGuy:
Who's your mentor,who have you always looked up to and could count no matter what,who was there to pick you up when you fell?I just would like to give a special thanks to my brother Dwanye,He was always there for me,no matter what.He was always willing to teach me something new.I will always remember the way he would look at me like this [img]graemlins/saywhat.gif[/img] with out the twitchy eye.I am very young compared to him,me and him are 12 years apart(I'm 11 and he's 23 i think i got that right).Who have you always looked up to?
Well other than my father no one, I was taught to believe in my self, to trust in God and the difference between right and wrong. I was also taught to be self sufficient and to work for what I wanted and not to expect anyone to give me anything. This isn't to say that I deny the charity and hospitality of friends or family, just that I do not expect it as a given, or a right. I think Mentor programs are great, I am just sad that they are needed.

Old 05-13-2002, 12:39 PM   #30
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

Cliff Yablonski is my mentor. Dont argue and DONT step on his bushes!