Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-12-2003, 12:28 AM   #21
lethoso
Manshoon

i am into metal, mostly death/black/doom/goth/symphonic/viking/folk stuff...

lately i have been listening to lots of viking metal, stuff like bathory and thyrfing... also been getting into black metal more than before, stuff like darkthrone, vlad tepes, nokturnal mortum, burzum, emperor.... and doom metal is always good for when you are feeling more mellow - shape of despair, funeral, thergothon, skepticism, ultra slow doom is the best sort [img]smile.gif[/img]

but assorted other stuff i like - tristania, moonspell, left hand solution, sigh, my dying bride, opera ix, therion, unholy....
Old 04-12-2003, 04:33 AM   #22
Melusine
Dracolisk

Cool, lethoso, you know Skepticism? Possibly the slowest band in the world...
You named some bands I forgot to list too, like Moonspell, My Dying Bride, etc. I haven't listened to most of that stuff in years but it's still great nostalgic music. Moonspell's especially cool, love their earlier work.

Zarr, I group Lacuna Coil with the other 'nostalgic bands' that I used to like a couple of years ago, but coincidentally I listened to their album only yesterday! Still liked it a lot. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Seen all of these bands (LC Moonspell MDB) live too, BTW.
Old 04-12-2003, 04:55 AM   #23
StigTC

Great thread.

Bands I can always listen to:
Bon Jovi (Prefer his old stuff)
Beatles
Clawfinger
Rammstein
Aerosmith
D.A.D.
Metallica
Scooter

Single favorite songs:
War - Low Rider
Barenaked Ladies - Tonight Is The Night I Fell Asleep At The Wheel
Joan Osborn - What If God Was One Of Us

Bands that seem ok or that I'm into right now:
Eminem
U2

Can't think of more right now, but this isn't the full list.
One fine day in the middle of the night, two dead boys got up to fight, <br />Back to back they faced each other, drew their swords and shot each other. <br />The deaf policeman heard the noise, and came and shot those two dead boys. <br />If you don\'t believe this joke is true, ask the blind man, he saw it too!
Old 04-12-2003, 05:03 AM   #24
lethoso
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
Cool, lethoso, you know Skepticism? Possibly the slowest band in the world...
You named some bands I forgot to list too, like Moonspell, My Dying Bride, etc. I haven't listened to most of that stuff in years but it's still great nostalgic music. Moonspell's especially cool, love their earlier work.

Seen all of these bands (LC Moonspell MDB) live too, BTW.
hmmm, early funeral (tristese demo) would give skepticism a run for their money, very slow stuff there [img]smile.gif[/img]

moonspell are awesome, especially like wolfheart...

my full list of stuff is much bigger, but yah...

As for seeing stuff live, well australia is kinda a bit of a backwater as far as live metal goes... i can only think of one australia metal band that i like (chalice) and they have only toured the once (back before i listened to metal).... and there are few european acts who make it out here . This is partially why i want to visit europe [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-12-2003, 05:20 AM   #25
Melusine
Dracolisk

What's the name again of the Australian band.. ah wait, Lord Kaos. Don't know if they are/were any good, but their guitarist moved to Europe and went on to become a member of Dimmu Borgir and Covenant (Kovenant).
Still, I heard that before, about so few bands playing live where you are. Sorry to hear that!! Guess this isn't the time to mention I live in the country that hosts the (in)famous Dynamo Open Air metal festival... right? [img]graemlins/doh.gif[/img]

Anyway, I like Wolfheart best too - the things they did before that are a bit too amateurish to my taste (though Under the Moonspell has its moments) and I do like the album after that... what's it called again? With Opium, Herr Spiegelmann etc. But nothing beats songs like Alma Mater, Vampiria, Ataegina, Trebraruna and An Erotic Alchemy. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Old 04-12-2003, 05:33 AM   #26
lethoso
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
Guess this isn't the time to mention I live in the country that hosts the (in)famous Dynamo Open Air metal festival... right? [img]graemlins/doh.gif[/img]

Anyway, I like Wolfheart best too - the things they did before that are a bit too amateurish to my taste (though Under the Moonspell has its moments) and I do like the album after that... what's it called again? With Opium, Herr Spiegelmann etc. But nothing beats songs like Alma Mater, Vampiria, Ataegina, Trebraruna and An Erotic Alchemy. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
rub it in why don't you

but that other album would be irreligious, it is also very good... haven't heard much of their stuff other than that, just butterfly FX, and that was a more sorta heavy rock album... but ah well...
Old 04-12-2003, 09:36 AM   #27
Firim Silraven
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaltia:
I'm going through a phase of listening to the radio a lot, but amidst my collection lurk mostly rock and/or dance/garage, though I can't stand BS (Blazin' Squad or Bull Sh*t) or Westlife. I like weird bands with no known definition, like Alishia's Attic and Catatonia [img]smile.gif[/img]
Ok, even if I had a big go at you a minute ago on the Shakira thread, I definitely agree with the dislike of Blazin' Squad and Westlife. Boybands should be banned because they were created solely to rob little girls of their pocket money, unlike artists with talent, like Shakira for example.

Oh, and Catatonia are defined as Indie or Britpop. How long to back in the mid-90s when indie ruled the charts, rather than boy/girlband and meaningless dance crap. And Shakira was singing great spanish songs back then aswell.