Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-2002, 02:42 AM   #21
Gigaettin
Dungeon Master

At the moment im listening to System of the down and Foo fighters alot...
Old 08-27-2002, 02:51 AM   #22
Iron_Ranger
Symbol of Cyric

Hard to pick. I am started growing distant from music shame

Everything I hear just strikes me as really sucky for some reason. There are a few bands I still like...

Iron Maiden (of course ), The Clash, Scorpions...MegaDeth. Eveything else seems kind of weak all of a sudden.
<br />[url]\"http://www.bratgirlcentral.com/cgi-bin/ouapforum/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi\" target=\"_blank\">Once Upon A Paper</a><br />Living on a razors edge<br />Balancing on ledge<br />Living on a razors edge
Old 08-27-2002, 06:14 PM   #23
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
Just a minor question, but "Am I the only Gamer who isn't into all the metal bands?" Just wondering because I'm the only person who posted something that wasn't altogether metal or hard rock. I thought we'd see some different tastes here. I'm really getting worried now.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Old 08-27-2002, 06:22 PM   #24
Willard
Fzoul Chembryl

I like the Beach Boys. Wait, no, I LOVE the Beach Boys! They rock! Even though they are kinda old, but I don't care, I still love their music!
Old 08-27-2002, 06:23 PM   #25
Willard
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Firestormalpha:
Just a minor question, but "Am I the only Gamer who isn't into all the metal bands?" Just wondering because I'm the only person who posted something that wasn't altogether metal or hard rock. I thought we'd see some different tastes here. I'm really getting worried now.
Are ya worried about me? I know I am....
Old 08-27-2002, 07:14 PM   #26
Feanor
Dungeon Master

favorite artists are Steve Vai and Joe Satriani.
most of their stuff isn't too "hard", so i guess this is a little more variety? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
I used to listen to alot of metal though: Savatage, Metallica, Megadeth, Pantera, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Type O' Neg., Skinny Puppy, blah blah.
but their stuff sounds pretty bland now that my ears have been opened to truelly awsome guitar playing
(not to knock any of your tastes or anything )
Old 08-27-2002, 08:13 PM   #27
flibulzbuth
Drow Warrior

Quote:
What, no proggers here?
I guess you can count me in, I'm a big King Crimson fan. This group is like wine, it's getting better and better with time. Ever heard the ProjeKcts? I still listen to Emerson, Lake and Palmer from time to time (Tarkus and Pictures at an Exhibition), some Yes (Relayer!), first few Genesis and Gentle Giant albums.
Currently, i'm more into modern jazz (Dirty Dozen Brass Band... Medeski, Martin and Wood)
Old 08-27-2002, 09:22 PM   #28
Gabrielles blades
Baaz Draconian

Favorite artist is Celine Dion
i like a very very large number of other female artists, but celine is tops since 99% of the 6 CDs i have of hers have only good songs on it, unlike some of the other cds i got where maybe 2/12 are good.
im not terribly into metal like most of the above people hehe
Old 08-29-2002, 07:52 PM   #29
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
Umm. . . This is the last time I'm doing this. I was hoping for more than 20+ responses, but I guess that isn't likely to happen. Not at this rate.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Old 08-29-2002, 08:49 PM   #30
Moni

Yeah, it probably won't get many more responses.
Like I said, this topic has been posted many times and I think people are just tired of posting it.
You might have better luck with it in the Polls forum. (not all topics there have to be polls)
Or you can read through the pages in the polls forum and check out the threads on favorite music/bands/etc that have been done already. Its not as big as forum as GD so surfing the pages won't take forever. [img]smile.gif[/img]

If its any consolation to you, I also listen to Bluegrass (A Man Of Constant Sorrow is my current fav) [img]smile.gif[/img]
Classical: Bach, Brahams, Beethoven, Mozart all top the list
& "Jazz" (Paul Horn)

I like instrumental guitar too, mostly of a Latino flavor but anything well played that touches the strings of my soul works.

I also like a good harp ensemble. There was a group of girls that would play all harps in downtown Tucson on Saturday nights (pack like nine harps into an alleyway lol) they were awesome!