Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Favorite Musician\Band\Group (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80875)

Firestormalpha 08-25-2002 11:30 PM

Just wondering what everyone's favorite musical artist, band, or group was. Also you could include what your fav. style of music is.

For me I personally enjoy Michael W. Smith, a contemporary christian musician with amazing talent.

Just 2 minor notes:
1)This forum is effectively international there will be many musicians who we do not recognize.
2)I'm asking for favorite's. Let's not turn this into a band bashing thread, ok?

[ 08-25-2002, 11:32 PM: Message edited by: Firestormalpha ]

Moni 08-25-2002 11:49 PM

I listen to all types of music. Basically anything but country. [img]smile.gif[/img]
As far as favs go, well I loved Kansas when I was in High School. Aerosmith & Led Zeppelin were tops on the list too. (the 70's were good to rock & roll :D )
Nowadays there are just too many good bands to pick just one.
My fav song is Alice in Chains "Would?" although I couldn't peg them as my fav group. There was just too much crap mixed in with the good stuff (even a choice bad track or two on Dirt, my fav album of theirs), and after they went through rehab they just whined lol.

Deathbringer 08-26-2002 12:07 AM

<font color="00cc99">My fav band is Grinspoon :D always has been, always will be.</font>

www.grinspoon.com.au

Angelousss 08-26-2002 01:55 AM

nirvana is my favorite band
bob dylan is my favorite artist

Dagorion 08-26-2002 02:00 AM

Nine Inch Nails. Best music i have ever herd. I also like Tool and vertually any other band that people who listen to pop music say is crap.

Andrew Mcveigh 08-26-2002 02:08 AM

i agree with Dagorion for the most part, i like alternative, hard rock, and music that actually has a message in it. but then again i like most music, but these are my favourites... Unwritten Law, Prodigy, Nine Inch Nails, and my favourite, Marilyn Manson.

Zarr 08-26-2002 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Dagorion:
Nine Inch Nails. Best music i have ever herd. I also like Tool and vertually any other band that people who listen to pop music say is crap.
Good to see some Nine Inch Nails fans here Dagorion and Andrew I also like Tool as well and Marilyn Manson and Moni I also liked Alice in Chains before they spilt up(shame about the guys death). People on this board have good taste in music!

Melkor, The Dark Lord 08-26-2002 09:33 AM

I'm into heavy metal and my favorite band is Black Sabbath.

Firestormalpha 08-26-2002 04:25 PM

I was expecting variety, but it seems I'm the only one who likes something different here whats going on? where are the hundred's of others who post in GD?

Jerome 08-26-2002 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Zarr:
People on this board have good taste in music!
No, people have the same tastes as you.... ;)