Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-15-2002, 07:09 PM   #11
AliCat
Drow Warrior

Oh, Pangur Ban, that was just too funny! I think just about anyone who goes beyond reheating something in the microwave has at least one disaster story. Do we learn anything from it? I don't seem to. Most of the time when I flub a recipe, I could swear up and down that I followed the directions precisely, and I've got no idea what went wrong, much less how to fix it. I enjoy baking bread, and do it reasonably well, but I have made my share of building bricks out of some recipes... for another family trip, I made potato bread (with shredded bits of potato in it). Well, it came out of the oven shortly before we left home to drive to Pennsylvania, so I quickly wrapped it in Saran Wrap (cling film) and off we went. Unfortunately, one should never wrap freshly baked products in cling film when they're still warm, as moisture condenses on the product as it cools and might spoil it. Within 24 hours, that bread was coated in green mold. Microbiology classes could have used it to culture fungus faster than agar.

Yup, impressed the stepsiblings yet again with my culinary prowess. What will I come up with next....
AliCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2002, 10:48 PM   #12
Katherine
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Moni:
Thank you for taking a look at my site and thank you for saying I am awesome.
My kitty was rescued, too. He has a bad leg from when he took out of a 3rd story window and was impaled on a security bar. He was my neighbour's cat then, but they didn't care enough to rush him to the vet. I had to force them to go to the vet with me (they were crack dealers in SF). After he was patched up, they totally neglected him and he was dragging his bad foot on the concrete until it was worn down the bone. I was feeding him and such for about a month (I didn't outright take him as it's never wise to take a crack dealer's cat) when they up and moved, taking him. I thought I'd never see him again, but 4 months later, he made his way back to me. Now, he's happy and healthy, even if he has a little limp. This is him.
http://members.aol.com/edeneuphonium/chuckfireplace.jpg
Old 04-15-2002, 10:51 PM   #13
Katherine
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Pangur Ban:
The soup had cooled down, but it was bubbling all by itself - it was fermenting !! One of the ingredients must have had rot, mould or fungus of some sort ..
The soup pot had to get thrown out as well.
That is really funny! Sorry about your pot. lol
Old 04-15-2002, 10:54 PM   #14
Katherine
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by AliCat:
I enjoy baking bread, and do it reasonably well, but I have made my share of building bricks out of some recipes... for another family trip, I made potato bread
That's really sad about the potato bread!

I was really into baking for a while, too. I once had a dinner party and the yeast I used was old and my bread turned out rather unrisen. I told people it was called "short stack" and made them eat it anyway! It was moist enough and tasted "okay" so what the heck!
Old 04-16-2002, 06:20 AM   #15
Pangur Ban

Quote:
Originally posted by Katherine:
My kitty was rescued, too. He has a bad leg from when he took out of a 3rd story window and was impaled on a security bar. He was my neighbour's cat then, but they didn't care enough to rush him to the vet. I had to force them to go to the vet with me (they were crack dealers in SF). After he was patched up, they totally neglected him and he was dragging his bad foot on the concrete until it was worn down the bone. I was feeding him and such for about a month (I didn't outright take him as it's never wise to take a crack dealer's cat) when they up and moved, taking him. I thought I'd never see him again, but 4 months later, he made his way back to me. Now, he's happy and healthy, even if he has a little limp. This is him.
Blessed are those who rescue cats.

*bows with respect*
Old 04-16-2002, 10:01 AM   #16
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

I cook occasionally, mostly either by cookbook or one of the "family recipes" (the most often used of these is a potato gratin), I also love baking.
One time I was visiting my grandmother, and I decided to make a gratin for dinner. We bought all the things, I started peeling potatoes, washing them, etc. Quite unfortunately, the gratin recipe never got written down... and I forgot exactly *how* much salt went into it. I apparently put in a bit too much (to put it mildly) - the thing was nearly inedible [img]graemlins/1dizzy.gif[/img]
Apart from that my culinary concoctions have all turned out rather well, but... I have a lot of time remaining to create new disasters (just turned 16 [img]smile.gif[/img] )
Kaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2002, 10:17 PM   #17
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by Katherine:
quote:
Originally posted by Moni:
Thank you for taking a look at my site and thank you for saying I am awesome.
[/QUOTE]What a horror story your kitty lived through!
I am SO glad he made his way back to you and is now in your care!!!
Thank you so much for taking him in and taking care of him!
[img]graemlins/ladyhearts.gif[/img]
*Follows Pangur Ban's lead and Bows In Respect*
Old 04-20-2002, 07:03 AM   #18
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

The worst thing i ever have made must be an chicken i set it in the oven then i begin to play Wizardry 8 and i forgot the damn chicken then after playing for 4 houers it begin to smell that somthing had been burning.. you get the point? Yes that chicken was an little black burned thingie!
So i had to eat some dry bread and water instead
BTW Katherine can i get an recipe of that good food you made? ha ha ha ha!!! I like HOT food

[ 04-20-2002, 07:24 AM: Message edited by: Megabot ]
Megabot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2002, 06:10 AM   #19
Bristowe
Elminster

I once accidently put blue food colouring into a campbells soup, my folks made me drink it all...arrgh...
Old 05-13-2002, 06:42 AM   #20
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

well i never had those times... since i review what i cook very well...

the only thing that makes it bad is if it tastes basic... i hate that... i want myself to say, "Yep, this is indeed my cooking" [img]smile.gif[/img]
Bahamut is offline   Reply With Quote