Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-28-2003, 04:27 AM   #11
Jorath Calar
Harper

Quote:
Originally posted by Lavindathar:
Only thing that isn't mentioned, is how the girls car was going? it could have been her fault that they crashed, but the drunk auto gets done.

There is two sides to every argument, we only hear one. But that man must be wanting death, he must be devastated. Quite rightly too, but, I feel for him as well as the girl. He will never learn.

If I did that, I probably would never drive again.

And Larry, she might be happy that she is alive.

Drive safe people,
Oh, I've seen it before and it makes me so angry... I found this link that tells her story in better detail, two of her friends died and she was scarred like that... there is also a 911 call from the driver who hit them... and a short interview.

And I agree... drive safe people...
Old 01-28-2003, 04:38 AM   #12
LordKathen
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I think they should hang a picture of her (then and now) in every bar in the world. To honor her bravery, and possably save lifes. My heart goes out to her, and her family.
Old 01-28-2003, 05:56 AM   #13
Grojlach
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Krustin:
What makes us all mad is the drunk driver got off on the charges! Rumour was he and the "arresting" cop were best buds and evidence got omitted from the trial. Fortunately, he got smacked good in the civil lawsuit. (My friend bought a house out of it)
Despite the question whether or not he ends up in jail for this, the man already has the worst possible punishment - he has to live with the guilt of ruining that poor girl's life every single day. The images of that poor girl will drive him mad during the rest of his life, imprisonment yes or no. Or at least I know I'd be driven mad, if I ever end up causing such a terrible thing. I can't think of a more fitting punishment...*

*I'm sure others will, but I honestly do not want to hear their "eye-for-an-eye"-mutilation lobbies. [img]graemlins/1disgust.gif[/img]

[ 01-28-2003, 05:57 AM: Message edited by: Grojlach ]
Old 01-28-2003, 05:18 PM   #14
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

Its just sick. Really. I found that really disturbing and wasn't sure it was real at first... Horrible
Old 01-28-2003, 07:27 PM   #15
Lavindathar
Harper

Thanx for that lyric Jorath.

Larry, sorry I got it first time round. The point I was trying to make was, even though you claim she would rather die, if SHE read it (however unlikely), that would probably upset her. I just meant people on here might be/know people who are severly burned or in a similar condition.

I was just trying to say that if she is happy, thats all that matters in the world.

Sorry for the mixup!
Old 01-28-2003, 07:27 PM   #16
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Grojlach:
Despite the question whether or not he ends up in jail for this, the man already has the worst possible punishment - he has to live with the guilt of ruining that poor girl's life every single day. The images of that poor girl will drive him mad during the rest of his life, imprisonment yes or no. Or at least I know I'd be driven mad, if I ever end up causing such a terrible thing. I can't think of a more fitting punishment...*

*I'm sure others will, but I honestly do not want to hear their "eye-for-an-eye"-mutilation lobbies. [img]graemlins/1disgust.gif[/img]
I totally agree. What it must be like to know you killed someone or someones unintentionally! Obviously anyone with half a brain knows drinking and driving carries such a high risk, but no one goes out to drive drunk meaning to kill anyone, in fact I think some people who do have the misguided notion that alcohol will improve their driving, make them sharper and more confident and so on.

When I was in my last year of high school, I got my licence and my mum offered to let me take her car to school once a week. But I turned her down because I knew I was inexperienced and had seen the way all the students mill around and run across the street not realising people who'd been driving barely 6 months were on the loose. Because I knew if I did hit someone, even if it was completely not my fault, the guilt would be so terrible.
Old 01-28-2003, 09:28 PM   #17
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Lavindathar:
Thanx for that lyric Jorath.

Larry, sorry I got it first time round. The point I was trying to make was, even though you claim she would rather die, if SHE read it (however unlikely), that would probably upset her. I just meant people on here might be/know people who are severly burned or in a similar condition.

I was just trying to say that if she is happy, thats all that matters in the world.

Sorry for the mixup!
Ah...I see! Okay, We were just not understanding each other...and I agree with what you said. If she is happy that she is still alive, then I am very embarrassed to say that she is a stronger person than I am. I would be too weak to exist, but her strength is admirable. She has a beautiful spirit.
Old 01-28-2003, 09:32 PM   #18
Animal
Gold Dragon

I lost my wife to an impaired driver. Very rarely do drivers who drink and drive actually destroy their own lives.
Old 01-29-2003, 10:39 AM   #19
homer
Manshoon

Someone I used to work with lost his entire family to a drunk driver. On his way home from a night out , a car crossed over the solid yellow line any hit his van. His wife, two daughters ages 12 and 6, and his son age 4 were all killed. He suffered sever head and neck damage and eventually recovered, physically. He will never be the same man again. He used to be a happy person who cared for others and enjoyed life. Now he is bitter and sad.

The man who hit my co-worker had already been arrested for driving drunk, more than once.

It is obvious that the 20-year-old killer is eternally sorry. I have no sympathy for him, none at all. There are to many examples of this type of tragedy. It is to late to say sorry; you have already ruined someone’s life. He knew better. The girl in the story apparently forgave him; I do not think I could. She is a better person than I.
Old 01-29-2003, 11:31 AM   #20
Jeffi0
Zhentarim Guard

My friend was killed by a drunk driver when the drunkard went through an intersection and hit his motorcycle...
<br /><br />[url]\"http://www.nuklearpower.com/daily.php?date=010302\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.nuklearpower.com/daily.php?date=010302</a> First 8-Bit Theater comic. The first few aren\'t really funny, but the rest are great.