Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2005, 03:49 AM   #11
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by CerebroDragon:
I was a bit disappointed with the lack of referrences to the games however.
There is a reason for that...
Quote:
Originally posted by CerebroDragon:
own them all bar the third one.
Hivetyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 11:02 PM   #12
CerebroDragon
Red Wizard of Thay

3D SuperBall Champion Asteroids Champion Battle of Helms Deep Champion Moon Patrol Champion Pac Man Champion
Spy Hunter Champion Super Mario Mushroom Champion
How vague, Hive. Am I meant to infer from your eye wink and quotes that I was disappointed with the lack of original games references just because I don't own the third game? Notice I said "games" plural, not just game, i.e not just Doom3.

A bit more respect and homage to the originals (d1, d2, fd) is what I was talking about. I'm well aware that the film was based, albeit loosely, on the third game though thanks, so no, that's not the reason for my disappointment.

I'm in no hurry to play it either, but all in good time my friend.

Anyone pick up on the Duke Nukem-ish lines the Sarge spouts at some point? I'm sure he said "Let God sort them out" at least once towards the end. There were also two amusing moments of strong self-awareness and parody that stick to mind - the 'oh no there's something behind me isn't there?' and the "I'm not meant to die" line. Quite cheesy, aye, but not rotten enough so that it stinks. [img]smile.gif[/img]
- Brilhasti Ap Tarj
CerebroDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 03:27 AM   #13
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

I agree, the original games were far more entertaining, but I was just making a point of the fact that there are alot more references to the third game, and that's why you noticed a lack of them (which there still it I suppose) no offence intended [img]smile.gif[/img]
Hivetyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 08:11 PM   #14
DrowArchmage
Mephistopheles

I want to go see it, and it says it is in the theatres,but its not. Neither is the 50cent movie that came out during Thanksgiving. Its really making me mad that the movie companies arnt putting out the movies that they say are playing there.

-al'Lan Mandragoran, Last Lord of the Seven Towers
DrowArchmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 11:35 PM   #15
Madman
The Magister

gotta say tho the chainsaw moment is genius [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 12-11-2005, 11:59 AM: Message edited by: Madman ]