Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-10-2001, 03:22 PM   #11
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Thanks for posting this Charlie. I'm thinking of buying. Waiting to hear if multi-play is possbible. But may buy it anyway!

Wyvern, thanks for sending that sell it post up. Going to go check it out.

Cloudy

------------------
Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight
Heart Mind Soul Forever
Cloudbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2001, 03:34 PM   #12
Black Knight
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I don't think multi is an option, deary. I could be wrong, but there really wasn't much of a choice for it anywhere. Someone more learned than my paltry 8 hours of experience want to chime in?

BK

------------------

The Black Storm Cloud of the Night
Consort to a Queen
Champion of Truth, Justice and Cloudy's Way
Captain of the Knights of the Golden Dragons
Heart, Mind, and Soul
Offical Wizard and Warrior Questioner
Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2001, 03:46 PM   #13
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Black Knight:
I don't think multi is an option, deary. I could be wrong, but there really wasn't much of a choice for it anywhere. Someone more learned than my paltry 8 hours of experience want to chime in?

BK
Thanks BK,

Hmmm..well, it doesn't kill the idea entirely, for me, but I really am addicted to multi-play gaming now! Will still look into W & W, though. Guess I may never get back to Age of Empires again...LOL

Cloudy

------------------
Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight
Heart Mind Soul Forever
Cloudbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2001, 04:05 PM   #14
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

I think Multiplayer was planned for it (as you can see in some of the design) but was dropped at the final moment because it would have doubled the size of the install and the sysreq's of the game. It also had something to do with the ceilings of the dungeons not being high enough for it.

Wizards & Warriors is kind of like a good game of solitaire. You play it on your own, then come in here and discuss it. It does have a "cult" following, as most of us will attest. It's also highly based upon the Sir-Tech "Wizardry" worlds, especially Wiz 6 and 7, as many role classes and "critters" carried over to this game from the Wizardry milieu.

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2001, 05:10 PM   #15
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Charlie and Cludy, its a fun game and like BK says requires a bit of thinking at times. Dont get it at CompUSA, BK payed $10 less at Bestbuy dammit! Oh well...
Lord of Alcohol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2001, 05:19 PM   #16
Charlie
Lord Ao

Hey Paul, nice to see you mate. Our paths haven't crossed for a little while sadly. You get your truck sorted?

Mandatory W&W question.

Is my cross bow really cross.....or just a little angry?

(Charlie...hoping to God there's a crossbow in the game.)

------------------
One love, peace.

Da Management !!
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2001, 05:33 PM   #17
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

LOL Charlie! Yep, there's crossbows, shortbows, and longbows in the game. You can also bless up the arrows to make them lethal...and Archers can learn to replicate them automatically (Fletchery) trait. Once they get that, you don't have a problem with $$ anymore! Regular arrow manufacturers they are. Especially on those Dragon arrows!

-Sazerac
Old 04-10-2001, 05:44 PM   #18
Charlie
Lord Ao

Wow, that sounds cool Saz'. Something else I meant to ask, how big is the game/gameworld?
Old 04-10-2001, 05:48 PM   #19
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Three large overland areas, with 10 main dungeons and lots of other exploratory places. The dungeons all tend to be VERY big, with the exception of Castle Shurugeon, which I think is the smallest one...or it may be the Crypt (the starter dungeon). I don't know about that, though...the Crypt is the biggest gotdang starter dungeon I ever saw in my life!

-Sazerac
Old 04-10-2001, 05:53 PM   #20
Charlie
Lord Ao

Thanks. Sorry Saz but I was also wanting an estimate on kind of hours to complete. I didn't word my post too well. Talk about fast responses.....1st class service my friend, 1st class.