Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2000, 01:00 AM   #11
Squee!

i've never needed to jump at all - just look upwards, run at full speed and for some reason they can clear long jumps like they were in the olympics - no jumping, just speed running, even when "climbing" out of the boogre caves
Old 11-12-2000, 06:56 AM   #12
Regis
Welcomed New User

Well, I have two minor ones...

1) On my first trip to Ishad N'ha from the Oracles, I took the south route through the water just to map things out. When I hit the land outside the Serpent Temple, I got involved in both a fight and the Kol conversation at once. Having read here what can happen if you start fighting while talking, I killed whatever and ran away from Kol, thinking I could just go back and restart the conversation. Guess what? Yah, he never showed again and I never got the Heretic's Key. Of course, I didn't realize that he was basically gone for good at the time, especially considering what I had read here about meeting up with him again at Dragon Spire. I figured I would be able to get the key off him then and go back. Ah, well...

2) I, too, went outside D'Soto's Tower and walked around the top of the walls. Thought is was a pretty neat trick until I tried to get back in the same way...has anybody made that jump? Not to be daunted, I ran around the outside to the south entrance only to find...what else?...THE DOORS ARE CLOSED FROM THE LAST TIME I ENTERED THERE AND IT LOADED THE CASTLE MAZE . Had to reset to before I went outside and then had a devil of a time getting back down the elevator from D'Soto - it seemed to stick in the up position every time I came down the stairs. I'm not sure if it's supposed to do that or I was just unlucky, but it wasn't until some random monsters got stuck (read: crushed) in it that I could fall down there and get back to the rest of the Castle.
Regis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2000, 07:01 AM   #13
xenotoca

Use the dragon arrow somewere before I met torin, either redo serpent temple again (oldest save) or forget the remainder of the quests. Guess what I opted for.
Old 11-12-2000, 07:29 AM   #14
Regis
Welcomed New User

Hmm...I think that could be worked around one of two ways...

1) Have someone else join the Samurai Guild. They will get another arrow to deliver to Torin, which may qualify the original person at the same time.

2) If 1 only works for the second character, you can then steal that arrow from Torin and have the first character use it. I used this technique with Jathil's Scroll to get Arcane Void for all my characters (also did the same with Dragon Ore on Freyedies for extra suits of Dragon Armor), so I suspect it will work here too.
Regis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2000, 12:35 AM   #15
freudianslip
Welcomed New User

There, it's done! Come to the Story Archive and then hit the W&W Humour to see your name in lights!
freudianslip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2000, 12:38 AM   #16
RavenW

Ok here's mine:

I found a wall in Shurugeon Castle that I KNEW was a secret door, it had those darkened wall textures that scream "Hey Look over here bub!" Well needless to say this started me on a six hour tour (a six hour tour, here on D'Soto's Isle!!??!!) of Shurugeon looking for the switch, button, lever, secret door, whatever that got me into the area behind that wall. I mean I can draw that wall in full color from memory by now. Well finally I posted a spoiler beg and Wyv responded indicating that the secret lay somewhere in the basement of the castle, I immediately headed there and after some more searching, I found that a hallway on the way up to Lysandra, had a left turn that I remembered taking but as I went down the hall and it ended the secret door opened and I was back facing a room that I recognized though it was at a different angle and realized that I was in such a rush to get out of Shurugeon in a previous crawl I had already gone through that "Secret" door only I hadnt remembered at the time what room it was in and where it had started!! DOH!
Old 11-17-2000, 05:15 AM   #17
Astyanax12

Then there was the time in the Temple of Isis...

I finished the temple and headed back to the entrance, pushed the button - and fell back into the pit. Kept trying, kept falling. OK, I figured, you can't go out the front way. Explored the whole of the lost sea looking for another way back to the port (didn't have Vanish or Call of Home yet), had to dump some good stuff 'cos I ran out of inventory space. Got really, really frustrated, eventually tried the temple entrance again and found that if you stand next to the pit when you pushed the button, voila, no problem. Aaaaarrghhhhhh.
Old 11-17-2000, 10:37 AM   #18
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

I love this thread!! Glad it got bumped back up front - maybe more folks will now post their faux pas . They not only give you a good chuckle but teach you things as well! What could be better than that!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2000, 11:47 AM   #19
freudianslip
Welcomed New User

Folks, this is a pretty cool thread.. with permission, I think I'm going to put parts of it up on the story archive humour site, so everyone can share when they commit a foie gras. Wait, or is that a faux pas? Hmm.. well, whatever the case, if you would rather NOT have your little quip/tale listed (I won't post emails, just your name and the tale..) please drop me a line at starfish@seastop.com

When it's done I'll post a message.. should be about an hour or so.

The Wizards and Warriors Story Archive
See you there!
freudianslip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2000, 04:48 PM   #20
Laurence
Welcomed New User

What about hunting all through the Serpent Temple for the 4th monkey idol, completely forgetting that I had already 'experimentally' placed one on a plinth?????

But I redeemed myself - went back to first town and found all the other characters could now join priest guild, so 5 potions to give to that toad. (It took me about 2 days to do just one before).
Hah! Sleep spell, give him 5 potions, charm spell.
Don't you just love it when a plan comes together?
Laurence is offline   Reply With Quote