Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2003, 09:00 PM   #11
Animal
Gold Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Iron_Ranger:
quote:
Originally posted by Animal:
Didn't the US have a professional wrestler as a governer? Jesse Ventura wasn't it?

There was some take of Hulk Hogan running for president at one point, IIRC.

And people think Canada's messed up because we have alcoholic's as Premier's.
Thats not the only reason I think Canada is messed up [img]tongue.gif[/img] . If he gets Senator, I will lose all hope and faith in humanity. [/QUOTE]Okay, there is other reasons that Canada is messed up, but with Jerry Springer as a senator, you can kiss what respect the US has in world goodbye.
Old 07-11-2003, 09:47 PM   #12
The Hunter of Jahanna
Emerald Dragon

I kind of hope Jerry wins the election if he runs. If nothing else we can at least expect him to be honest ,if for no other reason than it will cause fist fights in the senate. Also, since he was a mayor of a major city ,IMHO, he has more qualifications to be a senator than some of our current senators *cough* hillary *cough*
Old 07-11-2003, 09:51 PM   #13
Animal
Gold Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by The Hunter of Jahanna:
I kind of hope Jerry wins the election if he runs. If nothing else we can at least expect him to be honest ,if for no other reason than it will cause fist fights in the senate. Also, since he was a mayor of a major city ,IMHO, he has more qualifications to be a senator than some of our current senators *cough* hillary *cough*
Honest? Have you seen the Jerry Springer show?
Old 07-11-2003, 10:18 PM   #14
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Well, he's got just as much right as anyone else to run for senate. If he can get it together well enough to put up a good shot for the candidacy, then all power to him. If you don't like him, don't vote for him. Simple as that.
Old 07-11-2003, 10:18 PM   #15
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
Jerry Springer isn't honest; he just says whatever will provoke the kind of action that will get ratings on T.V. Also, when was the last time you saw an honest political candidate that was actually popular with the US citizens? (I'm not talking about Bush, I guarentee he's done his share of beating around the bush himself. Umm no pun intended.)

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Old 07-12-2003, 01:38 AM   #16
SecretMaster

Well, there goes the last of our dignity right down the crapper. What has become of our society.
Old 07-12-2003, 02:36 AM   #17
Chewbacca
Zartan

Jerry Springer was once mayor of Cincinati. I saw him on Hannity and Combs a week or too ago and he held his own against Bulldog Hannity. He said he would quit his show if he decide to run.

When has Springer been dishonest? He is very frank about the nature of his show from what I have seen. I recall some controversy about a hooker and a bounced check back in his days as mayor, but I dont know what it was all about.

Sheesh, atleast watch his new political infomericial before you judge the guy.
Old 07-12-2003, 03:29 AM   #18
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Take care of yourself.....aaaaaand eachother.
Old 07-12-2003, 05:52 PM   #19
antryg
Fzoul Chembryl

Jerry's claim to fame is that he is able to provoke the worst out of people, many times resulting in outright violence. I'm not sure that is the trait I want to see in my President. On the show "Steve" gets to catch the chairs and fists while Jerry cowers. Politicians have always had a propensity to let others suffer for their decisions. I don't want someone who causes problems and then hides behind others on a daily basis to be in charge, especially when it is bullets and bombs that will be thrown around.
Old 07-12-2003, 06:04 PM   #20
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by antryg:
Jerry's claim to fame is that he is able to provoke the worst out of people, many times resulting in outright violence. I'm not sure that is the trait I want to see in my President. On the show "Steve" gets to catch the chairs and fists while Jerry cowers. Politicians have always had a propensity to let others suffer for their decisions. I don't want someone who causes problems and then hides behind others on a daily basis to be in charge, especially when it is bullets and bombs that will be thrown around.
Isn't it just all show, amusement ? He wouldn't want any bloodshed in his show, would he ?

Most of the times it's not even real, some things are just too obvious. Like that one time when he had some little weasel who called himself Mr. Oolalah, or that time when he had a bunch of clansmen, and some gigantic black dudes who called themselves "the black Israelites", all together on one stage. That's either provoking good fortune, or it's fake. And i think it's the last one.

Maybe Springer is a very rational guy behind closed doors, who knows ? I doubt if people can ever take him serious though after being a host of the biggest freakshow on earth for so long.