Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2002, 08:11 AM   #11
Legolas
Jack Burton

I wonder who this young and beautiful W really is... [img]graemlins/1ponder.gif[/img]
Old 11-22-2002, 08:23 AM   #12
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
LOL i hear you Willow, some games can really drive you mad sometimes. When that happens i find myself swearing behind my comp more than once. The other day i had a conversation with my neighbour, and she asked me who i was yelling to (she knows i live alone). So i explained to her i sometimes lose it when i'm playing a game and things don't go the way i want it. It must have happened again later, cause next time i saw her she asked me: you must have been playing a really difficult game last night ?

ROFL
Old 11-22-2002, 08:57 AM   #13
Legolas
Jack Burton

In your case, I don't know if it's the game or the beer which had the worst influence. Or maybe the bierbommetjes caused it, lethal stuff that.
Old 11-22-2002, 09:07 AM   #14
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

rofl. I'm shocked this "W" Willow, quite shocked. Really, wherever did you hear of such a person? [img]graemlins/wow.gif[/img] swearing in front of a 7 yr old? *gasp* simply awful... of course, thats not to say er... lets call THIS person "C". C gets annoyed with his pc, and swears at it constenly, and loudly whenever theres an error, or incomitence from any of his games, or AI. [img]tongue.gif[/img] well, swearing at PCs is quite natural when they go wrong I think its a build in anti windows thing in the human gene make up or something *grins*
Old 11-22-2002, 09:08 AM   #15
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by WillowIX:
As you clicked on the topic I´m sure you expected a debate on whether blood and gore in CRPGs influences young people. Well you won´t get one in here! This story (a true story ) takes place in a large country on the North American continent. A YOUNG and VERY beuatiful woman is sitting by her computer relaxing with Arx Fatalis, a game presented to her by the webmaster of a certain forum. We can call the woman W. Anyway here´s the dialogue between W and her computer as she runs into 4 gobblers and a goblin lord armed with nothing but her fists.

W: Dang! Come on then you *beeeeeep*!
C: Thwack! Aaargh (gobbler dies)
W: HAH! I´ll kill all of you!!
C: *some fighting noises from the computer* (Another gobbler dies)
W: Did you like that you *beeeeeeep*?
W: Come on then *beeep*!
C: Thwack! (woman´s character takes a beating)
W: You *beeep* cowards! Haha! (takes dagger from fallen enemy)
W: Now you die!
C: Thwack! (gobbler dies)
W: There you go you *beeep**beeeep*

Now at this point W notices her 7 year old daughter standing in the doorway with her eyes and mouth wideopen. You see swearing is not allowed in W´s house. While this happens, W´s character on the compouter dies which promotes another swear word from W´s lips. Needless to say W spent the rest of the evening trying to explain why she is allowed to swear while her daughter is not. This in front of W´s husband who´s shaking from the effort not to laugh out loud.
Maybe it´s not blood and gore from computer games influences young ones. Maybe our children get wrecked for life from their addicted parents lol!
I have not even looked at this thread untill just now, Thank you ever so much Ms. Willow for bringing tears to my eyes along with uncontrollable giggles. Just what a body needs on a dreary Friday morning! Thank you!

Old 11-22-2002, 09:12 AM   #16
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

LOL, I was playing IWDII last night, and there is this part where they take one of your PC's and put her (my Drow Cleric, Viconia) into a room and have these Flamestrikes and Brass Monks attack her. She kept getting killed, and I said, in frustration, "Dang it, you guys leave my little girl alone!" I turned around, and there was my 4 y/o son, who said accusingly, "Daddy, you don't have any widdle girls, just a widdle boy." Cracked me up.
Old 11-22-2002, 09:19 AM   #17
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

LOL Att... awww, did you explain it to him? hehe,. maybe not just yet tho, LOL, picture this "Well son, you see, Daddy's like to play games too, but our games are... more advanced then yours, thats why its on a computer... and well, on this game, I have a "wittle" girl, and those naaaaaaaaty monsters kept hitting her..." [img]tongue.gif[/img] haha
Old 11-22-2002, 09:23 AM   #18
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

LOL, he knows about games. He first moticed when I was playing BGII, and when that reloading screen comes on, you know, the one where the skull's eyes light up, he would say that it was a "scawy monster." I told him that the girl was like one of his action figures, Princess Leia. (he's REALLY into Star Wars, now.
Old 11-22-2002, 09:25 AM   #19
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

LOL Att, has he started with the quotes n phrases yet? heheh, lol, has he decied which side to join yet? *grins* Aww, scawy monster. I'm sure his "daddy's paladin" hunted it down and beat the naaaaaaaasty monster, and then it ran away, so it couldnt bother him anymore. pity its the loading scrn tho *grins*
Old 11-22-2002, 09:42 AM   #20
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Legolas:
In your case, I don't know if it's the game or the beer which had the worst influence. Or maybe the bierbommetjes caused it, lethal stuff that.
Oh, it's the games, i'm sure of that. Beer only makes me sing.