Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-2001, 09:22 PM   #11
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

I know...makes you wish the game had "rust monsters" in it so you'd have something legitimately to do with the Rusty Swords...

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2001, 10:02 PM   #12
Knarfling
Drow Warrior

catzenpewters: I think the trouble is not that you cannot tell if the sword is rusty or not, but that you cannot tell if it is a long sword or a short sword. Remember, your characters cannot tell Long Swords from Short Swords either until they gain the Artifacts skill.

If you don't tell anyone, I can let you in on a secret. My thief managed to open the Book of Artifacts that sits on the table in Armory. It not only tells about items, it teaches Artifact skill, but that is not something that the shopkeepers want adventurers to know. Here are some excerpts from the beginning of the book before he was almost caught reading the book.

"Lesson 1. Topic 1. Bring a tape measure with you. This will help you to tell whether the sword you have found is a Long Sword or a Short Sword.

Topic 2. Healing potions are always in a distinctive flask with a deep purple color.

Topic 3. If you can shoot it out of a bow, it is probably an arrow. Later lessons will teach to how to tell if it is a poison arrow without poking yourself with it."

~puts on a fake mustache and glasses~ Remember: if anyone asks, you didn't hear it from me.

Disguised Knarfling

[This message has been edited by Knarfling (edited 04-04-2001).]
Knarfling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2001, 10:04 PM   #13
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

how many rusty swords did you find in the game?

my estimate is about 75-110 swords

How many did it FEEL like you found?

before I discovered the gold cheat tip, I was overjoyed that I can either use them or sell them.
Now I scoff at them and left them rusting into the ground....

------------------
Adam Mage/Warlock
adam warlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2001, 10:30 PM   #14
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Knarfling - rofl!!!!!

Excellent!!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote