Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2000, 05:29 PM   #11
pyrogator
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I think maybe Turn Undead skill is bugged. Even with a 9th level pure cleric, I have only successfully turned zombies and skeltons once. ONCE. Something is definitely wrong.
pyrogator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2000, 07:16 PM   #12
sibley

I have trouble with turning undead, too. When I push the button, it doesn't stay pushed. There's some visible and momentary magic effect on the character, then nothing. If I wait a long time, some undead foes might start to wander away. Not clear. In most cases, the rest of the party will have killed the undead by this time anyway, so it's difficult to tell if it works. If it does work, it's very slow.

Whatever, you can't have the character do anything else while turning, except maybe move around.
Old 08-30-2000, 08:44 AM   #13
Erekose
The Magister

Sibley cast sanctuary on your cleric before turning, then you can turn and move about without being attacked. Turn does take a little while to kick in but at max cleric level you can destroy even the bladed skeletons. Cheers
Erekose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2000, 09:10 AM   #14
dragonslayer
Manshoon

You can´t attack any monsters while turning undead.
dragonslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2000, 09:35 AM   #15
MasterOfSword

i like Long sword = Faster and only has 1lesser minimum damage and its Faster and the most Magic items are Longswords ...
Old 08-30-2000, 03:38 PM   #16
Stardreamer

On turning undead--Once you attempt to turn undead you can not attack. You may move and remain undead. It works great for driving off those undead creatures--they turn their tails and run into some corner. I think that your success in turning undead depends on the characters intelligence. Good luck!
Old 08-31-2000, 07:31 AM   #17
bigA

Turn undead isn't bugged, but it doesn't combine very well with any character scripts! If the button isn't 'staying down' then chances are your cleric is just rushing off to attack something (which cancels turning). Set their scrpit to NONE and you should find your cleric more than willing to stand there and hurl religious abuse