Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-09-2003, 06:31 PM   #11
Leonis
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Grojlach:
But was there any particular reason to play that demo then? A special part of the radio show in which a new demo is selected to be played?
There is a Belgian commercial radiostation (which I can listen to in the Netherlands without any problem as I live close to the Belgian border) who actually have a special section in a radioshow in which 3 demo's are selected on a weekly basis and get some airplay; the listeners then get a chance to vote for the best demo and that one will be played an extra time. In my opinion very interesting. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Oh, and that radio station also has an online-section, where the demo's can be listened to online and people have an opportunity in some sort of forum-kind-of-structure to give their opinions about the song. Even though the site is in Dutch, you can find this "demo-poll" here to get an impression.
Groj, it wasn't on one of those segments, although we do have them on both govt. and commercial stations. Generally they are treated more seriously with contact details and opportunity for feedback - similar to what you have mentioned.

I find those segments particularly encouraging and interesting as it really does show what's happening at the grassroots (albeit still with a radio 'filter' of course...)
Old 01-09-2003, 06:46 PM   #12
HolyWarrior
User Suspended for 2 weeks by Ziroc [Dec30]

This is why I listen to prog.
Old 01-09-2003, 07:03 PM   #13
Leonis
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by HolyWarrior:
This is why I listen to prog.
Progressive rock? Programmed Radio? Prog the band? People Reaping Other's Gold?

You listen because to prog the radio dj because he doesn't play demos, or because he does?

Is prog the name of the voice inside your head, perhaps? Mine's called Yeggly and he mostly sings - usually Tokyo Ska horn lines but sometimes he imitates pigeon songs...

Just having a go mate; what do you mean?