Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-23-2004, 08:40 PM   #101
Gab
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
quote:
Originally posted by Gab:
Yeah, I don't know how you feel but much of the world is quite different in someways from the Americans.
Oh I'd say Candada is really similar to America. It contains people like you who are ignorant about much of the rest of the world.

America has much in common with any Englsih speaking country, compared to a Mandarin speaking country for example.

How much have you gotten out of North America Gab?
[/QUOTE]Canada can be (at times) ignorant when it comes other parts of the world but we know a lot more about you Americans than you know about us.

Sure we share the same language, but lets just say that Canadians view Bush far less favourably.

[ 03-24-2004, 04:10 PM: Message edited by: Gab ]
Old 03-23-2004, 09:03 PM   #102
Djinn Raffo
Ra

Hmm.. I don't want to get involved but reading the Canadian stuff reminded me of a famous quote:

"Americans are benevolently ignorant about Canada, while Canadians are malevolently well informed about the United States." - J. Bartlett Brebner
Djinn Raffo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 06:10 AM   #103
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Canada can be (at times) ignorant when it comes other part of the world but we know a lot more about you Americans than you know about us.

But do you know anything about Australians? Would you recognise one if you met him?
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Donut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 05:00 PM   #104
Gab
Zhentarim Guard

No, Donut I didn't know that you where Australian but how could if I've never meet you in person? I would probbaly recognise one by their accent.
Old 03-24-2004, 06:04 PM   #105
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
quote:
quote:
I mean that the majority of people in the rest of the people in the world hate or dislike President Bush.
Post proof or retract.

I repeat, I assert most of the world couldn't give a shit. A minority of people able to read English, and more concerned with global politics rather than getting out of poverty would have some feelings about Bush. Considering 80% of the world is in some way "below the poverty line" that's a heck of a lot of indifference.

But if you have proof of your assertions post away, otherwise speak for yourself, instead of speaking for the entire world.
[/QUOTE]Fair enough but would you prefer if it was regarding the US instead of just Bush? I well know that much of the world is below the poverty line and what makes you I'm ignorrant?!
[/QUOTE]I don't think, I KNOW you're ignorant. For example, you've assumed I'm American and Donut is Australian. Neither could be further from the truth. The next time you call me an American, I'll call you a Namibian. Fair?

http://www.hughwilson.com
Yorick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 06:06 PM   #106
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
quote:
quote:
Yeah, I don't know how you feel but much of the world is quite different in someways from the Americans.
Oh I'd say Candada is really similar to America. It contains people like you who are ignorant about much of the rest of the world.

America has much in common with any Englsih speaking country, compared to a Mandarin speaking country for example.

How much have you gotten out of North America Gab?
[/QUOTE]Canada can be (at times) ignorant when it comes other parts of the world but we know a lot more about you Americans than you know about us.

Sure we share the same language, but lets just say that Canadians view Bush far less favourably.
[/QUOTE]Why don't you let the Canadians here speak for themselves. I'm sure they're able to type. SPEAK FOR YOURSELF.

Old 03-25-2004, 12:32 PM   #107
Gab
Zhentarim Guard

We'll Donut says he's from airstrip One. Where the heck is that?? I was just guessing that he was Australian because brought that subject up. Would you prefer if I was very specific and called you an Australian-American because you live in New York?
Old 03-27-2004, 01:29 PM   #108
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

If and when I get US citizenship, then I'll be an Australian American. Until then I am a legal nonresident alien. Not even an immgrant. So I'm very much Australian, even if I am also becoming a New Yorker.

You are wrong. You made and continue to make incorrect assumptions. The best way to avoid appearing ignorant is to speak for yourself, not others who can then say "hey don't speak for me".

Old 03-27-2004, 01:32 PM   #109
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
We'll Donut says he's from airstrip One. Where the heck is that?? I was just guessing that he was Australian because brought that subject up. Would you prefer if I was very specific and called you an Australian-American because you live in New York?
Have you read 1984 by George Orwall? If you had, you'd understand that Airstrip One is England. Donut is being SUBTLE.