Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-2003, 10:59 AM   #1
Leonis
Symbol of Cyric

The band, not the Bush.

george are an amazing Australian band with two of the most incredible singers I've heard. The kind of singers who blow you away on record and then pull it off live too. Great songs, great words.

But the point of my thread is that the female singer and the guitarist have another project called elixir (they're not big on capitals)
I bought it sound unheard today, just on the strength of george's material and am very very happy now.

While george range between rock, pop and folk; elixir are more folk and classical. Well it's hard to categorise either really as they are both daring and unafraid to put out music not for the masses.

They are both intelligent, sweet, beautiful musical masterpieces, and any lover of independent musicians unshackled by the pop industry's demands would do them self a great favour by checking them out.

Gets my [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Old 06-09-2003, 11:33 AM   #2
LordKathen
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Very good stuff! [img]graemlins/awesomework.gif[/img] Thanks for the links!
Old 06-09-2003, 06:06 PM   #3
wellard
Dracolisk

I like what I have heard on the radio so far. they are not easy to catagorise are they. The female singer was on telly singing with David Frente *ex disposable heroes of hip hopricy* a few weeks ago. They were singing Marvin Gaye's "Whats going on" [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] sensational !!

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
Old 06-10-2003, 10:50 AM   #4
Leonis
Symbol of Cyric

I bought another album without hearing a thing off it the day before this one too. Radiohead's Hail To The Thief.
Grand. I love it when instincts pay off.

Hey wellard, would you be meaning Michael Franti by any chance?
Old 06-10-2003, 06:52 PM   #5
wellard
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Leonis:
I bought another album without hearing a thing off it the day before this one too. Radiohead's Hail To The Thief.
Grand. I love it when instincts pay off.

Hey wellard, would you be meaning Michael Franti by any chance?
Yes I would [img]graemlins/blush.gif[/img] I was sure I had his name right [img]graemlins/blush.gif[/img] And as for radiohead, I tried out OK computer and retried it, it just left me cold all the critics rave about them but I just do not connect with them, oh well my loss

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
Old 06-10-2003, 07:52 PM   #6
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
I heard elixir live on the radio the other day - Katie Noonan has an amazing voice! I was really impressed with them, especially considering they were live and improvising [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Old 06-11-2003, 12:14 PM   #7
Barry the Sprout
White Dragon

It is my personal belief that the American President is in fact simply a puppet at the hands of this particular Australian band and that British band fronted by the guy who married Gwen Stefani. Oh the humanity. They tried to give us a clue with the name, but still most people remain none the wiser.
[img]\"http://img1.ranchoweb.com/images/sproutman/certwist.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br /><i>\"And the angels all pallid and wan,<br />Uprising, unveiling, affirm,<br />That the play is the tragedy, man,<br />And its hero the Conquerer Worm.\"</i><br /> - Edgar Allan Poe
Old 06-11-2003, 07:18 PM   #8
Leonis
Symbol of Cyric

Hmmm. Musicians running the world... Is it a better place? Or worse?

(My vote goes to better )