Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2002, 05:09 AM   #1
The Trickster
Manshoon

If anyone here used to have an Amiga 500, check this out!

http://exotica.fix.no/frames.html

Every game that I ever had, the music is right here. As soon as the music starts for some of them, I already know the rest of it, as if it's burnt deep within my psyche. My childhood comes rushing back to me!

Shadow of the Beast, Xenon 2, Turrican II, Speedball, Alien Breed, etc. etc. They're all there!

I never thought I would hear any of these ever again!
<br /><br />Movie Reviewer for Ironworks Gaming<br />Hero of Icewind Dale and alias to The Nameless One, Gordon Freeman, Garrett, Elayna Sedai, Cate Archer, Child of Bhaal, J.C Denton and Patrick Galloway.<br />Leader in the war against commercial music.
Old 10-29-2002, 09:21 AM   #2
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

I never had those games, but I started with an atari, the basic one! Played a submarine game, a ski race game and pacman or centipede.

I love looking back and seeing the earlier games and systems. It is so amazing how much they've changed! Graphics alone are so much better!
Old 10-29-2002, 09:49 AM   #3
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Like you, Cloudy, I never played any Amiga games. Piestrider did, but that's another discussion. I never really got into PC games until BG came out, and now, I'm hopeless. Plus, I never listen to the music, but everybody else seems to be able to tell what game I am playing by hearing the music, while I have no clue. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-29-2002, 03:33 PM   #4
antryg
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Attalus:
Like you, Cloudy, I never played any Amiga games. Piestrider did, but that's another discussion. I never really got into PC games until BG came out, and now, I'm hopeless. Plus, I never listen to the music, but everybody else seems to be able to tell what game I am playing by hearing the music, while I have no clue. [img]smile.gif[/img]
I also started out with the Atari. Then and now I usually leave the sound off.
The only time I have the sound on with BG2 is when I need inspiration to post an Anti-Anomen post.