Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2002, 03:08 AM   #11
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Tancred:
Good on the man. I can't imagine what it must be like to have a great achievement in your life - a great act of heroism and pioneering spirit that placed you in great danger, with little reward other to say that you had done it - to be picked over and denied by men and women years later... but it can't be nice. It's like someone walking up to Robin Hood and saying "Come on, admit it; you bribed the Sherriff to let all those folks go!", or approaching Wyatt Earp and telling him straight that "You had a cavalry regiment as backup at the OK Corral, I have proof!". Anyone trying that is REALLY asking for a smack in the face.

Damn it, these days the world has way too few heroes as it is.
I fully agree with what you're saying.
Except Robin Hood is pretty much just a fairy tale [img]smile.gif[/img] And Wyatt Earp should've been shot.
Old 09-13-2002, 09:28 AM   #12
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by norompanlasolas:
well, i hope there isnt a lawsuit in the first place. its kind of disgusting seeing grown men going into fights and then sueing each other for damages. makes them look like pansies. itd be funny if someone tried the same thing after a fight in argentina, hed probably get beaten up even more!!!

LOL I agree with you 100% but Im surprised to hear you say that, I kind of had the impression you were a pacifist [img]smile.gif[/img]

oh, and the moon conspiracy theory is obviously crap. its kind of hard understanding people who believe this kind of things, but, to each his own. for example i am totally convinced that when you dream you are feeding an alien organism that is the one that makes you older... (anyone who has read asimov will understand).

I understnad those kinds of people I think, they are usually desperate and lonely and are just trying to find something to put the blame to...or someone. They are usually not well educated and not too bright...this I get from observing my uncle [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-13-2002, 10:27 AM   #13
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Go Buzz! That's awesome.

As to the poster who listed "the grassy knoll" as a crackpot conspiracy theory idea: I have to admit that, though I don't consider myself a conspiracy theorist, I believe JFK's demise was never fully explained/disclosed. A "magic bullet" is as incredible as a "grassy knoll."

I also have to chortle at someone who disbelieves everything on Earth that isn't proven 100% in front of his face, but believes all will be well if yoou swear on the bible. How can any true conspiracy theorist believe in God without betraying their theories?

Maybe this is the kind of question we could pose to such people, and then giggle as we watch their heads implode.
Old 09-13-2002, 04:29 PM   #14
norompanlasolas

Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
quote:
Originally posted by norompanlasolas:
well, i hope there isnt a lawsuit in the first place. its kind of disgusting seeing grown men going into fights and then sueing each other for damages. makes them look like pansies. itd be funny if someone tried the same thing after a fight in argentina, hed probably get beaten up even more!!!

LOL I agree with you 100% but Im surprised to hear you say that, I kind of had the impression you were a pacifist [img]smile.gif[/img]
[/QUOTE]lol... im hardly a pacifist, but i do believe violence doesnt solve much. here in spain we protest against the rightist govt and evictions from communal houses and sometimes violence is involved, though only in response of police repression. or for example, the resistance against the military govt in argentina in the 70s by the erp (people revolutionary army) and montoneros was well justified and heroic, but thats another long and sad history.

edit: oh, and on a smaller scale. if you start a fight or harass somebody, then you better be man enough to face the consequences, and not go whining to a court for reparations. i really despise those attitudes.

[ 09-13-2002, 04:31 PM: Message edited by: norompanlasolas ]