Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2002, 03:48 AM   #1
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Did I read that you are a pastor somewhere?

Where abouts? What denomination?

http://www.hughwilson.com
Old 08-01-2002, 09:14 AM   #2
Evil Al
Drow Warrior

No, I'm not a Pastor. I'm planning on being a Pastor later on in life. Just now i'm being guided to being a missonery. I'll be going round the UK (Scotland, England and Wales) then to Morocco, if i can get my church to sponcer me.
The church i go to is non-denominational, I have no religion i have relationship with Jesus who is the Christ.
I\'m not bigheaded but go here and tell me just how sexy i am [url]\"http://www.faceparty.com/al_the_drunkard\" target=\"_blank\">www.faceparty.com/al_the_drunkard</a><br /><br />War in iraq? Not in my name!<br /><br />Disarm America.
Old 08-01-2002, 03:00 PM   #3
FelixJaeger
Symbol of Cyric

oh cool my church sent away a couple of missionaries (from nottingham) and its kinda cool when they/you keep in touch (like every year we try and raise funds to send to paraguay to one of our miss.'s)
good on ya dude,
Felix
Old 08-01-2002, 04:06 PM   #4
SecretMaster
Apophis

Uh, i'm not the religious type, so what is a pastor??
Old 08-01-2002, 07:48 PM   #5
Evil Al
Drow Warrior

Thanks Felix. Yeah, a lot of the people I'm hoping to go with have been all around the world. They have a good time worshipping God and leading people to the Lord that haven't even heard of Jesus Christ.

A Pastor is a "Born Again Christian" Minister, Priest ect. I think its from the Spanish word for Shepard.
I\'m not bigheaded but go here and tell me just how sexy i am [url]\"http://www.faceparty.com/al_the_drunkard\" target=\"_blank\">www.faceparty.com/al_the_drunkard</a><br /><br />War in iraq? Not in my name!<br /><br />Disarm America.
Old 08-01-2002, 07:54 PM   #6
Mojo
Elminster

I thought pastor was from a word for "father"...

Actually, I'm thinking Padre...I'll just go back to sleep...hehe
Old 08-01-2002, 08:56 PM   #7
Chewbacca
Zartan

I thought it was someone who pastes. ( ugh just shoot me!)
Old 08-01-2002, 10:14 PM   #8
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

There are a couple of different jobs a minister of religion can perform, and not all overlap.

A Pastor is like a professional life-coach, with a dash of counsellor, pychologist, social worker and marriage counsellor thrown in.

A Preacher is like a motivational speaker. They may have a leaning toward biblical teaching, or long term life improvement, or simply uplifting peoples moods for that day or week. They may combine all three either knowingly or unknowingly. The grace and love of Jesus is (or should be) the foundation for all of those.

Not all Preachers are Pastors, and not all Pastors are Preachers.

Then there are 'worship pastors' who deal with enhancing peoples communal worship experience through music.

A theologian is different again. This type of person is akin to a philosopher, writer/researcher or analyst perhaps.

Pastors generally have deep care for people. A love and concern for the disadvantaged and the hurting, and a love of conversation with - and LISTENING to - other people.

http://www.hughwilson.com