Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2002, 10:59 AM   #11
The Hunter of Jahanna
Emerald Dragon

I have the exact same drive , Memsy. It is easy to make work as long as you dont read the directions.

First, if it is going to be your only Cd drive then dont move the jumper on the back. If you are going to have 2 CD drives then you will need to move the jumper on both drives. If you look on the back of the drive there will be a row of pins that look like this

::::: for your main drive the jumper should be set like this

::[:]::

and on the other drive set the jumper like this

:::[:]:

This tells the computer which drive to read and boot first.

Next hook the drive or drives up to the ribbon cable and plug the cable into your motherboard. Now when you reboot go into your BIOS and check to see if the BIOS recognizes the drive. It should say something like IDE primary master and IDE primary slave if you are useing 2 drives. If you are useing just the 1 CD drive then just look to see that it has been added. THe BIOS should tell you there is your HD, your floppy and a CD drive.

Now instal the software that came with it. You need both "B's Clip"and "B's recorder GOld" to get the thing to work. B's clip is junk. Go into your config menu and shut it off. B's recorder is what you will want to use to burn CD's. When you open it it gives you a pop up screen with options, just close that because all it does is confuse you.

You should now see a green circle on the top of your display and a listing of your desktop files in the middle right side of the screen.THis is the screen you want to use. There is a box in the center bottom of the screen, this is where you will be dragging and dropping your files for recording. As you put things into the box at the bottom the green circle will slowly turn red. when it is all red the maximum capacity of the CD has been reached. All you do then is hit the "record" button and click yes to whatever it asks you for.

Best of luck with it , and I hope this helps you out a bit.
Old 07-28-2002, 11:09 AM   #12
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Hi Memnoch i have a Plextor 16/10/40a and i have NEWER had any problems with it, i NEWER buy any Sony prod. because they are not good LOL but have you hooked the cd writer up as a secondary master? I have done that here and it works great and i use "Ahead Nero Burning Rom" that is one of the best burning program i knove about maby you should try that here is the url:
Nero web page

Let us knove how it is going! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-29-2002, 11:39 AM   #13
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Thanks Hunter, I finally got the bastard to work. I downloaded a user manual from the Sony website (I wonder why they don't issue the same manual out when you buy the product [img]graemlins/showoff.gif[/img] ) and frigged around with the jumper pins and the IDE busses until I managed to get it recognized.

I decided to not even worry about that B's Recorder bollox that came with it, I ended up using Windows Media Player instead and just used Windows Explorer to drag the stuff I wanted to burn into the E:drive. Primitive but it works and that's what matters. The B's Recorder thing is just too complicated to use - maybe bundling it with Sony is the only way they get their product to consumers because it I accidentally bought it I would sue BHA for loss of enjoyment of life for putting together such a shitty product.

I also realized that I'd bought the wrong kind of CDs - I bought CDRWs instead of CD-Rs. Anyway, I've managed to burn a few CDs - it's definitely fast, but only after a lot of blood, sweat and tears.

Old 07-29-2002, 01:20 PM   #14
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

congrats! heh... if you mentioned about the CD types in the first post, then most of us would have realized the problem too!