Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2002, 09:21 PM   #1
Willard
Fzoul Chembryl

For all you bumpers out there, I have to say one thing: it gets annoying. You read a topic, scroll through 5 'bumps', and finally get to a good answer. I have figured two ways to solve this problem:

1. If you have posted the last reply on the topic, and want to bump it, I would suggest copying what you wrote. (drag th mouse along to select the text you want to copy, then right-click and select the 'copy' option) Then delete that post. After that, add a new reply and paste what you wrote onto it. (right click where you want it, then right click and choose the option 'paste') Send it, and Voila! You have bumped the topic without creating a bump post.

2. This is much easier. Add a reply to the topic saying anything, like a single letter. After it is added to the topic, delete it.

I hope you take into consideration doing either one of these things before making a 'bump' post. It will make this forum a lot cleaner!

Thanks,
Willard
Old 07-14-2002, 10:35 PM   #2
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Or we could just type 'bump' and then delete that post. Bumps don't bother me at all, theyre nececcary, and its a lot quicker then what you just suggested
Old 07-15-2002, 04:44 AM   #3
GokuZool
Lord Ao

Bumping is useful when there is an important topic that everyone needs to read.
Old 07-15-2002, 06:49 AM   #4
Willard
Fzoul Chembryl

@ Lady Blue: Yeah, I had an option for that on there. Check #2.

@ GokuZool: Bumping IS useful, but it gets annoying when you look at topics and have to scroll down through all of the 'bump' posts.
Old 07-15-2002, 07:00 AM   #5
Downunda
Set - Egyptian God of Chaos

BUMP!
Old 07-15-2002, 07:05 AM   #6
Grojlach
Zartan

Apart from that one thread by dizzy a few days back, I haven't seen that many of the threads you've described... Was their some sort of bump epidemic while I was gone for a few days?
Old 07-15-2002, 07:12 AM   #7
Downunda
Set - Egyptian God of Chaos

Not that I noticed [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-15-2002, 07:20 AM   #8
Grojlach
Zartan

That's what I thought... I mean, back on BGDungeon, it was a *plague*, but alas, that message board was painfully quick every now and then, several new threads every single minute. Bumps were more common than actual posts, there were even threads simply containing one important message that actually needed to be pinned to the top, so the other 1000 replies in it contained the word "bump". [img]graemlins/uhoh1.gif[/img]
Thank God we don't have that problem over here, though. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-15-2002, 09:24 AM   #9
Willard
Fzoul Chembryl

Well, I've seen it quite a few times. Not as much anymore, but a while ago it was very common on this board. Just telling you people though, there are a lot better ways to bump a thread without sending in a whole bunch of 'bump' messages which are useless to read.
Old 07-21-2002, 09:41 AM   #10
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

let's not call it a bump.... let's say...... keeping the thread 'up to date' [img]graemlins/laugh2.gif[/img]

but I agree Willard, it can get annoying when someone does bump thread too many times within 4 hours