Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2002, 08:50 AM   #21
Talthyr Malkaviel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Whatever you do Saz, you must look out for an echo bar!!!
Old 05-18-2002, 09:32 AM   #22
Staralfur
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by Lavindathar:
It's a common problem of Bourbons....thats why Digestives are the best....they hold together that little bit better...

EDIT - And it did taste tasty thanx Saz!
Here's the scientific answer to that;

The average pore diameter in a biscuit is equal to four times the viscosity of the tea, multiplied by the height the liquid rises squared, divided by the surface tension of the tea, multiplied by the length of time the biscuit is dunked

Although, temperature of the tea, dunking angle, dunking side and creamyness of the filling are important aswell...

Thing is, by the time you've worked all that out, the tea would have gone cold.

[ 05-18-2002, 09:33 AM: Message edited by: Staralfur ]
We\'ve heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the Complete Works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.\"<br />Robert Wilensky <br /><br />\"Why is there only one Monopolies Commission?\" <br />Screaming Lord Sutch<br /><br />If you choke a smurf, what color does it turn?
Old 05-18-2002, 09:39 AM   #23
Epona
Zartan

Bourbons are the ultimate for dunking - I just don't like the way the chocolate from a Choccy digestive melts off into your tea (I'm a strictly no-sugar-in-my-tea gal). But as you have discovered Lavindathar, there is an art to dunking. Too short, and the biccy just isn't damp enough. Too long, and you end up losing said biccy and choking on the bits that disintegrate at the bottom of your tea.

Practise makes perfect
Old 05-18-2002, 03:03 PM   #24
Lavindathar
Harper

Quote:
Originally posted by Epona:
Bourbons are the ultimate for dunking - I just don't like the way the chocolate from a Choccy digestive melts off into your tea (I'm a strictly no-sugar-in-my-tea gal). But as you have discovered Lavindathar, there is an art to dunking. Too short, and the biccy just isn't damp enough. Too long, and you end up losing said biccy and choking on the bits that disintegrate at the bottom of your tea.

Practise makes perfect
Uh-hum. I am an expert, I just dropped it on this occasion. Wasnt too long or short. Just dropped it.

Tal, Echo bars aren't that nice....actually, yeah, they are quite nice....Mmmm...Echo Bars.

And the chocolate in the tea is the best part!!!

[ 05-18-2002, 03:04 PM: Message edited by: Lavindathar ]
Old 05-18-2002, 03:46 PM   #25
Talthyr Malkaviel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Hmmm, normally I'm perfect at it Epona, after long years of Tea-dunking, but just recently I had some new biscuits and had to use a different technique, as they were very thin, and tended to come apart at only the shortest of dunks, luckily while in the tea ythey held to gether well so I could pry them from the bottom easily.